Head of Finance and Operations
- Well-funded, fast-growing and award-winning start-up
- Full-time opportunity within a mission-driven MedTech company
- Attractive salary and participation in Employee Share Scheme
- Potential for fast career progression to CFO
Nutromics is a venture capital backed medical device startup based in Melbourne. Our vision is to create a world with zero preventable deaths due to a lack of timely molecular data, which we are on track to achieve!
The Head of Finance and Operations is a pivotal role at Nutromics as we are continuing to grow at a rapid pace recently raising A$5.7m and doubling the team in the last few months. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual that can continue to build a scalable finance function that supports Nutromics in hitting its milestones.
This is a hands-on role where you’ll work closely with the Co-CEOs and the business with support from our partners for bookkeeping, FP&A, tax and R&D advisors. As the business grows, you’ll get to build and shape your team.
Nutromics prides itself on a great culture which is based on open and honest feedback, collaboration, and a growth mindset. Working collaboratively with great people you will be creative in your approach while driving efficiency and improvements across the financial portfolio.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements, but think you’d be well suited to the role, then we want to hear from you!
- Together with the Co-CEOs and the executive team, ensure financial frameworks meet operational and strategic outcomes for the organisation and an effective working executive relationship that sets a positive workplace culture.
- Implement and manage robust financial and corporate management systems to increase organisational efficiency, accountability, transparency, and decision-making.
- Manage daily financial operations which includes expense and supplier management, investor reporting, tax as well as working with our bookkeepers on month-end processes and reporting, payroll, and accounts payable.
- Run ad-hoc modelling and scenarios for critical decision making on topics such as new projects, grants, acquisitions, capital raising and much more.
- Manage Nutromics’ current capital allocation efficiently and help lead future capital raises.
- Oversee and improve appropriate governance and financial controls across the business.
- Work with People and Culture to ensure a seamless new employee onboarding process.
Skills and Experience:
- Senior-level financial management experience, including taxation, compliance, asset management, insurance and reporting expertise.
- Working knowledge of startup fundraising in Australia, as well as overseas, is preferred.
- Ability to operate strategically with a strong aptitude to understand operational challenges and problem solve.
- Proven stakeholder relationship management – ability to build relationships and strategic partnerships with Nutromics’ stakeholders including investors, key government granting bodies and statutory agencies such as the ATO.
- Strong organisational, negotiation and project management skills.
- Senior leadership and people management expertise.
- Experience with accounting standards, R&D tax benefit schemes, grants and employee share option schemes (ESOP).
- Experience in a MedTech, BioTech, or HealthTech company would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a high growth startup environment is preferred but not compulsory.
- Tertiary qualifications with senior leadership experience and a CPA/CA accreditation.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]