Valiant is an award-winning Fintech whose mission is “to empower business owners by giving them the tools & advice to build awesome businesses.” Using proprietary technology, we help business owners find & apply for finance from over 70+ bank & non-bank lenders & we do it all digitally!
The purpose of the Learning and Development Consultant role is to support the Learning and Development Manager develop, implement and manage Valiant’s company-wide learning strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with SMEs and key stakeholders to design and develop learning modules, assessments and supporting learning resources such as session plans, job aids, presentation packs, quick reference guides, assessment tools, eLearning etc.
- Select appropriate training methods, activities & assessment strategies (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, video, role play etc.)
- Coordinate the delivery of onboarding training for new starters as well as other learning initiatives aimed to upskill existing staff.
- Facilitate training sessions, as required.
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of learning records.
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of surveys to gather feedback from trainers and trainees at the conclusion of a learning workshop or program.
- Assess instructional effectiveness to determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs; report on insights and make recommendations for future learning.
- Keep up to date with industry information, legislation & events, as well as current learning and development practices.
- Assist in coordinating the delivery of training through third-party providers, such as the Cert IV in Finance & Mortgage Broking, provided through AAMC.
- Assist in coordinating memberships and accreditations with preferred industry associations, aggregator groups and lenders on behalf of our Product Specialists
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Education, Human Resources, Communications, Psychology).
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in a similar role
- Experience using eLearning authoring software such as Articulate Rise 360
- LMS / LXP administration experience (We use Salesforce MyTrailhead)
- High level attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong ability to deliver to deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks or projects concurrently
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- An outcome focused, pragmatic and hands on approach to work
- Proactive and outgoing individual
- Ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in the finance services industry desirable
With a brand-new office in the heart of Surry Hills, we pride ourselves on having an open, dog-friendly & empowering workplace where innovation is recognized & rewarded. We also provide our team extensive ongoing training & development to help them take their skills to the next level. On Fridays we celebrate the weeks success with beer, table tennis & other fun games. If you are someone who is looking to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment & don't want to be just another number - we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for this position please apply or contact [email protected]