We’re Maropost, Canada’s 4th fastest growing tech company as named by Profit 500! Our Software as a Service Marketing Cloud technology provides organisations with a single platform to connect with customers via marketing automation, mass and transactional email, social media, mobile messaging, landing pages, and ecommerce.
Our platform is used and trusted by thousands of brands worldwide to maximise their revenue. Our unified ecommerce platform empowers thousands of B2B and multi-channel ecommerce businesses, big and small, to achieve more. From online stores, POS terminals and marketplace connections, to inventory, order management and shipping, our all-in-one platform connects it all.
We’re on a mission to build the most technically advanced ecommerce & marketing platform in the world.
Maropost is looking for a Senior PHP Developer who will be responsible for participating as a Scrum team member in conducting software design, development, and testing. This person will have proven expertise in application architecture, back-end and front-end development, infrastructure scripting into code, and in contributing across the entire software development lifecycle.
What You’ll be Responsible for:
You will be accountable for managing, organising, and completing all development work required to create a releasable increment of product every Sprint. This includes:
- Developing code and have a passion for writing tests.
- Contributing as a full scrum team member in all stand-ups, refinements, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives.
- Prioritising, coordinating, and managing individual workload from start to finish to ensure it contributes to the team sprint goals.
- Contributing to technical and functional requirements gathering.
- Collaborating with developers and product teams to deliver the optimal solution.
- Actively contributing to the team’s continuous improvement.
- Reviewing code changes and implementations.
- Documentation of development & testing procedures and criteria.
- Developing, executing, and maintaining infrastructure-as-code and automation.
- Developing, executing, and maintaining automated tests such as unit tests & functional tests.
What’s You’ll Bring to Maropost:
- 5+ years’ experience with PHP-based web applications.
- Experience in backend development, unit testing and functional testing of software applications.
- Proven knowledge around writing scalable performant code.
- Substantial knowledge and experience with PHP, MySQL, Linux, REST API’s, JSON.
- Familiarity with agile methodology and test driven development.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- A customer-centric focus, always keeping the customer in mind during the SDLC.
- Fast learner, able to pick up complex business rules quickly to gain an understanding of applications.
- Ability to quickly integrate into a team of skilled developers and to adapt to existing processes and tools.
- Symfony framework.
- PHPUnit, Behat, and other testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Exposure to cloud service providers, such as AWS and GCP.
- Experience and knowledge in retail or eCommerce environments highly regarded.
What’s In It for You?
- Very competitive remuneration package on offer.
- Hybrid Work Environment.
- Entry into an international brand that is growing in the Australian marketplace.
- Wear what you want, every day is a casual day.
- Fast paced & dynamic working environment.
- Beautiful A-Grade office in the heart of Maroochydore (Sunshine Coast).
Equal Employment Opportunist
Maropost is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity, and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from marginalised and equity-seeking groups. Individuals seeking employment at Maropost are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.