Fast growing, well-funded fintech – winner of AFR’s ‘Most Innovative Company 2021’
Unleash your Leadership Skills
Sydney based role
Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
We are Athena and we are a fintech that has already transformed home loan lending in Australia for the better, and we’re only just getting started!
We are not a bunch of bankers. Unlike them we actually give a buck about the customer. We are here to lighten the loan for Australian’s reducing their mortgage life sentence. Because life is too short for a long home loan.
We launched early 2019 and are experiencing tremendous growth, with ambitious plans to scale rapidly, we’d love you to be part of the next journey.
As the Financial Accountant at Athena, your role is to contribute and provide support in all financial accounting functions in the Finance Team, as well as supporting Treasury with financial control, accounting, and planning tasks.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Ledger management
- Ensure LMS data maps to correct GL accounts in ERP.
- Upload LMS data into ERP on a daily and/or monthly basis.
- Financial Control & Accounting
- Develop reconciliation and control practices in conjunction the business.
- Preform daily cash reconciliations.
- Perform daily / monthly loan book and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure daily cash transactions are correctly accounted for in ERP.
- Calculate and post month-end accrual journals.
- Calculate and post month-end pre-payment journals.
- Ensure compliance with Hedge Accounting and post appropriate of journals.
- Ensure elimination of intercompany accounts.
- Develop funding forecast model in conjunction with Treasury.
- Continuously update funding forecast model.
- Raise invoices for WLS deals.
- Assist with Audit queries.
- Assist with APRA reporting.
- Continuously look for ways to increase efficiency and quality of finance/treasury processes.
- Perform various analysis as required.
- You have a CA/CPA or related qualification or studying towards it.
- You have 5+ years of experience in the financial service industry.
- Experience with Trusts Warehouse Funding vehicles will give you an advantage.
- You are a motivated and autonomous worker, with a keen eye for detail.
- Have demonstrated financial acumen with strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Sound accounts payable experience
- Knowledge of financial accounting
- Strong communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Work closely with Group Treasury team
- Loads of support and training
- Fantastic team culture with monthly events
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.