Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Senior Change and Communications Manager you will join the Operational Excellence team that executes strategic Operational Excellence initiatives to uplift Afterpay’s operational capabilities to deliver on Afterpay’s global strategy. Your primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans to maximize the employee experience, adoption and usage and minimize resistance to change. You will work to drive adoption, higher utilisation of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be energetic and resilient, thrive on solving problems, and be committed to inspiring and championing the next phase of change globally. You will have led and successfully executed change programs in a fast-growing company.
This role can be located in either Melbourne or Sydney
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Assist in the development and execution of the change strategy for Operational Excellence.
- Developing a deep understanding of the Operational Excellence program to develop the strategic change approach
- Defining and measure key success metrics for success for the Operational Excellence program, and projects within the program
- Defining the change roadmap for implementation of the Operational Excellence program.
- Work with the ePMO team to ensure cross functional projects are implemented in alignment with Operational Excellence change principals
- Work with project teams to develop effective training plans, communications and project collateral that is on brand for the rollout of strategic projects
- Partner with Group Communications and Group People teams to develop and design the change and experience management framework
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for and extensive experience in leading complex change initiatives at an enterprise level
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; You will have a solid foundation of core skills, able to operate the end-to-end change management lifecycle. It’s desirable for you to have experience delivering multiple types of change including processes and systems.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent active listening skills and ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, influence others, and move them toward a common vision or goal
- Passion for people, and a leader who tackles challenges head on, and without compromise.
- A self-starter and someone who thrives under pressure
- Resilient, ability to manage multiple competing priorities and think holistically
- Varied background showing adaptability and breadth of experience across multiple domains
- Degree qualification in human resources or similar applicable equivalent, Prosci Certified Change Management (or equivalent) Practitioner;
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.