Join one of 2019’s top Australian startups, and be part of a team that’s changing the way people think about their financial future.
Wondering what it's like to be apart of Flare's Engineering team?
Meet Liz Crawford, our Chief Product and Technology Officer, speaking to what it's like working on the Engineering and Product team at Flare.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team in Sydney.
We’re currently in the process of building out our product features and you’ll be instrumental in the success of this initiative. You’ll be reporting to the Head of Engineering and working with an agile cross-functional team consisting of Software Engineers, Product Managers, and UX/UI Designers. You'll be responsible for the development, design and delivery of our high quality and modern web applications in a service oriented architecture leveraging the cloud platform whenever possible.
If you’re passionate about building high-quality software, work well in a team, and love learning, we should talk!
- Design, develop and deliver MicroServices
- Write clean, scalable, testable code to support and enable the growth of Flare
- Provide input and direction towards the evolution of the technology stack, in line with industry standards and best practice
- Being a champion for driving and developing the engineering culture whilst taking ownership of your environment
- 6+ years of hands on experience in Agile Software Development
- Strong front-end and back-end design and development skills
- Experience with C#, TypeScript, Angular, Azure - Don't worry if you don't have extensive experience in our stack, we hire smart Software Engineers who are keen on learning on the job
- Direct experience with MicroServices / SOA & cloud based SaaS solutions
- Strong OO design and development experience
- Cloud experience ( Azure / AWS / GCP )
Day to Day
- Write and support full stack applications using multiple technology stacks
- Build services that are secure and scalable by design
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Develop automated tests verifying your code
- Participate in team planning and software design sessions
Nice to Have
- C# / F# / .NET Core
- AngularJS 8
- Azure PaaS offerings such as Event Grid, Service Bus, APIM and Functions
- Document store databases such as CosmosDB / MongoDB
- Experience building and supporting micro-frontends
We believe the traditional front-end approach is the final monolith, and limits scalability within multi-team / multi-service environments. That’s why we are migrating our current stack to a micro-frontend architecture. Some of the technologies we use are:
- Angular 8
- React Native
- Webpack / Babel
- Akita state management
More about Flare
We’re Flare, a wealth technology company on a mission to help every working Australian live their best financial life. We combine our best-in-class HR, payroll and employee engagement platform, Flare HR, with advanced financial and superannuation products designed to help Australians plan for a secure future. We’re a rapidly growing, diverse team of 60+ based out of Barangaroo, Sydney, and we’ve raised over $21m in funding from investors including Point72, Bridge lane, Tank Stream and Reinventure.