Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As Afterpay’s Risk Operations Analyst, you'll work on the global Risk and Data team focusing on Merchant Risk, using best practices to identify and mitigate all merchant issues we face. You will focus in SMB onboarding escalations for financial risk review to identify fraud, merchant fit and business model of merchant applications. You will also assist in the prevention, detection, reporting, and mitigation of high-risk merchant issues using a variety of tools, including Office, G Suite, Salesforce, Zendesk, and SQL.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
• Reviewing merchant onboarding applications with high elevated risk from financial risk perspective
• Preventing, detecting, investigating, reporting, and mitigating high-risk merchant account activity to minimise Afterpay’s exposure to merchant related loss from fraud, credit, brand, and regulatory risks
• Communicating with your peers and cross-functional partners regarding risk trends, patterns, insights, and other high-risk merchant activity
• Communicating and consulting directly with merchants to mitigate issues as needed
• Challenging the status quo and working collaboratively & independently on projects focused on improving internal methods, policies, and internal tools
• Prioritising and triaging workflow as daily demand requires
• Assisting with building and maintaining reports as needed or assigned
• Performing various risk-related duties as assigned
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay. You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in a Risk Operations related role (Financial Technology, Payments, and/or E-commerce experience preferred)
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong capabilities to articulate extensive investigation results and action plans with the cross-functional team
• Self-starter, intellectually curious and comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Passionate problem solver and strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. The ability to work your way around roadblocks
• Comfortable with making complex decisions with potentially large financial implications
• Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and triage the evolving responsibilities of the role
• Detective sense, demonstrating high attention to detail and a natural intuition to quickly identify when and why something is wrong
• Exercise discretion, sound reasoning, and judgment
• Possess moderate to advanced Excel skills. Proficiency in pulling and interpreting data using reporting software
• 2+ years experience working in payments with a background in Merchant Credit Risk Management, Merchant Account Underwriting, Fraud Investigation, Chargeback Analysis, and/or Compliance Risk in the payments or financial technology industry
• Basic understanding of SQL and similar languages with the ability to manipulate and draw insights from data
• Ability to read and interpret financial documents
• Willingness to work out of normal working hours when necessary
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 25 weeks paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.