Our mission is simple – Phocas helps people feel good about data. We help companies turn their data into results. Our award-winning software provides customers insights that help them make more informed, data driven decisions, improving efficiencies and boosting their bottom line.
Phocas isn’t just loved by our customers. We also have some of the happiest employees going around! In fact, Phocas ranks #1 in G2 Crowd, has a 4.9/5 rating on Glassdoor, and appears in Deloitte's Fast 50, and in 2019 Phocas won the Culture Transformation Award from Human Synergistics in recognition of our constructive and positive culture.
Over the past 20 years we have grown from a small startup, building data and analytics products in the UK to over 250 people across the world, with headquarters in Sydney, Australia. Now we're building a world-class development team right here in Christchurch, with spacious centrally located offices, plenty of free parking and dozens of talented, happy people doing what they love.
We're looking for a senior software engineer who has a passion for quality. A developer who is tired of launching buggy products, where every step forward is dogged by errors and backlog tickets. Who daily feels “there must be a better way, I’d build it if I had time and resources”. In this role, you’ll have that time and those resources. In fact, we’ll pay you well to do it.
You will identify issues, automate solutions and above all, champion quality: researching, experimenting, breaking and introducing new tooling and practices – and building them if they don’t exist to your satisfaction already.
Your CV, online profile or portfolio will show:
- An extensive history of developing software using modern web and UI orientated languages and frameworks.
- A passionate desire to bring those skills to improving the way we deliver quality in our products
- An empathetic approach to communication and collaboration
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A sense of fun and a genuine desire to work with people from all backgrounds daily
- A real human being who can be from any background, identity, religion, gender, sexuality or planet
Sadly due to current border restrictions, we can only consider those with established working rights for New Zealand or Australia
- Generous remuneration package including competitive salary, benefits and stock options plan
- Work with some of the best tech talent in Christchurch
- Central location with free parking and easy motorway access
- Fruit, hot & cold drinks, snacks and drinks on Friday
We pride ourselves on our positive, collaborative culture and encourage our team to come into the office - and we love being here! - but we also like to be flexible around hours and working from home.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.