More and more organisations are seeing the value in talking to customers, and as such the user research practice continues to grow across many industries. Teams are conducting more interviews, usability tests, focus groups, surveys, and more than ever before. Qualitative research is time consuming to perform, and it’s challenging to analyse, store, manage and find unstructured data in a collaborative and privacy compliant way.
Dovetail is the leading cloud data analysis and research repository platform. We believe customer-obsession builds the best products, so our mission is to ‘enable product teams to make better decisions through the power of customer understanding’. We think what we’re building is an exciting and brand new category of software.
We’re a product-led, bottom-up, self-service software company founded in 2017. We have thousands of paying customers of all sizes ranging from individuals and small agencies to large enterprises and consulting firms. Companies like Square, Figma, VMware, Shopify, BCG, GitLab, Porsche, Canva, and more trust Dovetail to analyze, store, and manage their research data and insights, often across multiple teams and locations.
We are ramping up our Marketing efforts and looking for a superstar to join our small, but growing Marketing team. You’ll play a critical role in driving acquisition, customer engagement and brand awareness through the creation of new marketing programs, and experimenting with new distribution channels. Get ready to roll up your sleeves up and help take our Marketing to the next level.
What you will do
- Create integrated campaigns across paid and owned channels with a focus on brand awareness and customer acquisition. You will focus on building a marketing calendar, testing new channels, and bringing campaigns to live across multiple touch-points.
- Collaborate with marketing team to execute marketing tactics such as webinars, live and virtual events, content marketing, podcasts etc. You will not only strategize, but roll-up your sleeves. Be prepared to execute your plans, in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Own paid media. We've focused entirely on organic marketing until today. You'll have an opinion on where to invest, how to approach it, and the ability to implement your plan.
- Build email marketing strategy to engage with leads and drive customer expansion. You'll nerd out on open rates, lifecycle mapping, and lead flow.
- Run live and virtual events. You’ll support the team to drive an event strategy that reaches our audience across regions and timezones. This will include our own events, and sponsorships.
- Lead social media. Build the strategy for our social and display campaigns in collaboration with the creative team to support both brand and performance-based goals.
- Reporting. Deliver real-time reporting on campaign performance, focused on delivery of key metrics such as website traffic, quality trials, enterprise leads, CAC and funnel performance. You will bring a data-driven approach, focusing on biggest impact projects.
- Tooling. Ensure our marketing team is using the best tech stack to drive growth track campaign performance.
- Strong B2B marketing experience. You have several years experience in building a brand and driving customer acquisition in a B2B SaaS environment. You understand demand generation, funnel analysis and channel strategies, as both a strategizer and executor.
- Data-driven. You have experience setting measurable goals that can be tracked, optimised and reported back to the team. You have experience forecasting ROI and measuring CAC.
- Problem solving comes naturally to you. The ability to work on multiple projects throughout your day to solve problems for customers.
- Great communicator. We expect you to take big, ambitious ideas and distill them down into concise, exciting talking points.
- Ambitious and keen to learn. Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn, improve your skills, and grow alongside an exciting startup as we scale our marketing operations.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we pay salaries that can hold their own against big tech companies.
- KitKat days. We understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing. These are extra paid days holiday for the whole company where everyone can take a break.
- Generous equal parental leave. We offer 12 weeks equal parental leave. ****
- Floating public holiday leave. You can choose to work public holidays and use that day another time in the year.
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance, especially right now. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to work where you want, when you want.
- Personal learning and development budget. We’re a big fan of personal development, and prefer to home-grow leaders rather than filling leadership / management externally.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Surry Hills. With free snacks, beer on tap and drinks, three different coffee machines, social areas, and a rooftop.
- TGIF events. Monthly company wide activities on Fridays for the whole team.
- Salary sacrifice. We have a salary sacrifice policy for work related items.
- Ergonomic office. Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces, to suit all kinds of working styles.
- Pet friendly office! We love dogs and often have dogs in the office.
- Personal development. Regular lunch and learn events, opportunities for presenting at webinars and conferences, and networking through our investor community.
- Annual company retreats. We try to go away every year!