Senior Client Growth Managers at Longtail UX have an obsessive drive to deliver business value for our clients and our company. You’ll lead by example to nurture your pod of Client Growth Managers and Associates, embody our cultural values, and be an advocate for your clients and our product.
The ideal candidate is naturally strategic, analytical and driven to generate great outcomes for clients. You should demonstrate quick learning, exceptional problem-solving, and have an impressive history of being results-oriented. To be successful in this role, you have likely excelled in performance or organic marketing at a marketing agency, a corporate marketing environment, or both.
It’ll be a huge benefit if you have strong knowledge and ongoing interest in trends and optimization techniques in digital acquisition channels, including SEO, SEM, Shopping, and marketplaces. When you see what our platform can do for clients, we hope you’ll feel like a kid in a candy store. We want to completely revolutionise how marketers develop and achieve their customer acquisition strategies online.
- Reports to: Client Growth Director
- Possible direct reports: Client Growth Managers and Associates
Key metrics (quantified success criteria)
- Platform performance in your client portfolio; as measured by the generation of revenue, leads, indexation, ranking, traffic, conversions, and other strategic client goals
- LUX revenue growth and client satisfaction across all clients; as measured by company GRR, NRR, LTV, and NPS
- Performance efficiency in your strategist pod and across the platform growth team; as measured by LUX & client ROI, team capacity and productivity
- Own the ‘success of clients’: Includes clients' KPIs, expansion potential, retention, service quality, client satisfaction, client technical queues, product expertise, and new deal support
- Represent your clients: Serve as a lead advisor and consultant to your clients, rapidly resolving client concerns and communicating business value externally and internally
- Support execution of our platform growth vision and strategy: This includes your pod, peers, and the product/services you manage, encouraging seamless alignment
Specific role responsibilities
‘Growth of clients’ champion:
- Leverage LUX systems, metrics and insights to identify, present, and capture the performance growth potential of each client on your team’s client list
- Provide our teams with perspective on specific client goals, performance potential, and business risks and opportunities, with input from account management
- Apply your creativity to identify the long tail opportunity for clients, leveraging your experience in digital acquisitions channels, such as SEO, SEM, etc.
- Adhere to our service tiers by tracking and reporting your team’s work relative to service level agreements and commercial prospects, highlighting opportunities
- Proactively assume the role of firefighter when one of your client’s success is at risk; rapidly escalating and tracking issues across teams to achieve a successful outcome
Team leadership and output:
- Help develop and execute enterprise-level customer acquisition strategies for clients and relationships across the client lifecycle to achieve team and company goals
- Support your team and manager in developing client performance forecasts and health metrics, using objective and forward-looking systems
- Support team workflows, best practices, and development to expand team capabilities and capacity, and to sustain attractive eNPS
- Ensure continuity of service through team retention, team engagement, and filling gaps when company growth exceeds expectations or during employee transitions
- Regularly suggest and support continuous process improvement to reduce manual effort and contribute to a new “future of work” internally and for clients
Required experience, skills, & qualifications
- 5+ years of experience generating results in a data-driven marketing or client-success-oriented role where client retention and performance were KPIs
- Strong knowledge and continuous learning of trends and best practices in digital acquisition channel optimisation, including SEO, SEM, Shopping, and marketplaces
- Excellent relationship skills with international enterprises, including presentations and strategic recommendations that align client goals and company objectives
- Generated insights from platforms including Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Ads 360, Google Search Console, Google Merchant Centre, Ahref, SEMrush, and Excel
- Influenced senior professionals (such as internal leadership team and senior client stakeholders) toward outcomes that generated value for clients and your company
- Excellent attention to detail, self-driven development, problem solver, enthusiasm and defaults to an “ownership” mentality at all times
Embody and engrain Longtail UX Values
Excellence: We commit to being and delivering the best. Driven to ensure we deliver value, quality and best practice. Insist on high quality and accuracy in your team’s contributions.
Transparent: Transparency is at the core of everything we do. By working independently with excellence, but also proactively inviting feedback to learn.
Game Changers: We dare to challenge the status quo. Always try to find better ways of improving our business, service and interactions with our clients, enhancing new skills, finding new ways to boost team quality and efficiency.
Collaborative: We embrace different perspectives to produce better results. Work collaboratively with clients, LUX leadership, and team members to ensure alignment and optimization in everything we do.
We Care: We care deeply about our people, product, customers and results. By focussing on collective success and contributing to our awesome, genuinely supportive team culture.
- Work with top enterprise eCommerce clients
- Flexible remote working arrangements
- Work wherever you want in the world for two months of the year
- Work for a fast-growing VC backed Australian founded SaaS company