Account Executive - SaaS - Melbourne at Employment Hero

Information Technology and Services, Sales, Full-time, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia melbourne sales full-time
Posted 14 days ago

Employment Hero is one of Australia's fastest-growing SaaS scale-ups. We're an Australian success story, but are also international! We're changing the world of work, and we're on a mission to make employment easier and more rewarding for everyone.

Due to our sustained growth (100% year on year), we're adding new headcount to our Sales team. This position, based in Melbourne is a remote first role. It is part of a high-performing team of almost 50 sales people.

This is the perfect opportunity to join an innovative business that challenges the status quo and continually strives for excellence. We're a customer-centric team and are always improving our product.

You'll be part of a team-oriented and results-based culture, where your ideas are always heard and your success is always rewarded. We offer a variety of progression opportunities, including the potential to move into a mid-market role.

Uncapped Commission structure - OTE of $165k +!

Want to know more about this role? Check out our hiring video:

Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.


  • This role has a huge focus on acquiring new customers and driving business growth.
  • You'll be selling to SMBs (businesses with 50-120 employees) and speaking to business owners, HR Managers and C-Level Executives.
  • This is a high volume role where you'll manage a large pipeline and run a fast sales cycle.
  • You'll utilise warm leads from both the marketing and outbound SDR teams, taking ownership of pitching, demoing, and closing.
  • You will be expected to generate 30% of your own leads via prospecting, cold calling and networking. The remaining 70% will be provided by our energetic SDRs.

Our Account Executives are rewarded handsomely and set achievable targets (which all of our fully trained, current reps are achieving or exceeding!)


  • 2-5+ years' experience in a B2B sales role (performing the full sales cycle)
  • SaaS industry experience
  • Experience selling to C-Level Executives and stakeholders within the SMB market
  • Experience managing a high volume of opportunities and a fast sales cycle
  • Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively manage your own time and workload
  • Competitive, commercially astute, driven and tenacious
  • Proven sales track record
  • Humble, hungry and smart
  • Bachelor degree in business, commerce or a relevant field
  • Exposure to the Human Resources and/or payroll industry would be advantageous, but is not required
  • Training in sales techniques including Challenger, SPIN, or consultative selling would be an added bonus!


  • Employee rewards and recognition program
  • Team celebrations and lunches for hitting team targets!
  • Self, health, wealth, and happiness initiatives
  • Option to work from home when suitable
  • Return to work bonus for primary carers
  • Continuing education/ post-graduate assistance program
  • Personal training and Yoga classes
  • Quarterly & yearly company celebrations
  • Incredible discounts on products and services through our employee benefits portal and third party partners (such as 5% off Coles/Woolworths and half price movie tickets)

Why join Employment Hero?

* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021

* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia

* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020

* Raised $22M Series C round led by Seek July 2019

* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures

* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia

* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019

* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia

* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018

* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018

* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018

* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018

* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018

* Dynamic Business Top 10 Entrepreneurs, our CEO Ben Thompson ranked #2

* BRW Most Innovative Companies 2015

* Anthill Smart 100 List 2015

* Startup Daily Top 50 Emerging Leaders 2015

* HRD Employer of Choice Award 2015

* Aon Hewitt Best Employers 2013