Are you passionate about the science behind wireless systems? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest semiconductor company. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will be responsible for the analog circuit design that will define the performance of Morse Micro’s chips. As a senior member of the technical team you will interface with technical implementation teams as well as explaining Morse Micro’s capabilities to large customers.
- Circuit design, verification & modelling
- Chip bring up on bench
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
- De-bug of chip functional and performance problems
- Validation of simulation results against systems design
Validation of bench measurements against systems design
Required skills and technical leadership experience:
- Ability to deliver complex projects, with large unknown/new components on time
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership within the team
- Mentorship & guidance of junior team members
- Sound working knowledge of adjacent technical specialities
- Extensive knowledge of wider implications of technology and product development including understanding the competitive market landscape (e.g. area, power consumption of competitive parts, FOM for state of the art circuits)
- Effectively leads the design, development and implementation of strategic technical initiatives which contribute to the future growth and success of Morse Micro
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of status and issues across all engineering groups, inc. IP landscape and production engineering
What we’re looking for:
- Analog IC design engineer with 15+ years relevant industry experience
- MSc or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- Experience taking wireless chips to mass production
- A deep understanding of CMOS transistor operation
- Expert circuit designer; op-amps, data converters, power management circuits, PLLs, etc.
- Expert with IC design flows from Cadence or Synopsys
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux development environment
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
- Familiarity with analog modelling languages such as veriloga
- Familiarity with Matlab/Octave
- Experience with bringing up complex mixed-signal chips in a lab environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- The capacity to think for oneself
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
Who we are:
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter below.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.