THE ICONIC and our Operations team is driven to deliver to our internal and external customers on the amazing promise that is THE ICONIC and Customer Liberation. Our operations team is an amazing multi-talented group of professionals who have skills and experience across vendor management, inbound and outbound fulfilment, warehousing, reverse logistics, delivery, inventory management, production image and content creation, marketplace operations, supply chain development, fulfilment strategy and customer service.
Our ambition is to continue to rapidly grow and do some in a sustainably profitable way. To support this vision, it is essential that we scale and build using fit for purpose operations systems. Currently our growth is at times constrained by the functionality and reliability of a number of our FC systems including our current WMS.
While we have fantastic people, our Operations ecosystem is only as good as the intersection of our Processes, People and enabling technology, and the role of our Warehouse Management System is critical. As a senior experienced Warehouse Management System (WMS) project manager, you have delivered on multiple complex wms installations and here will lead a multiphased project to discover requirements for, and deliver without impacting business performance a fit for purpose best-of-breed WMS for THE ICONIC.
This is likely a multi-year project that will require in the Discovery Phase this role to:-
- Undertake a comprehensive stakeholder needs analysis (execs, tech, ops) of current state and the desired future state
- Form a team to perform a technical process and technology fit-gap analysis of the current WMS and related integrated systems (BC+ internal customised apps + OMS). Consider also the intersection with the OMS and when is the right time to change/replace this system in context with WMS.
- Develop and run a WMS RFP process with best of breed providers and select a preferred vendor including contract negotiation and finalisation
- Develop an appropriate project roadmap that provides a pathway to transition while balancing business continuity risks vs benefits, user adoption to new or improved best practice processes
- Present and receive endorsement of the business case with an achievable ROI that summarises and gains endorsement at exec, and senior level for a pragmatic buy vs build strategy.
- Lead the Change Management and ensure Operational Readiness
Assuming the outcome of the discovery phase is to buy an external WMS, the role would continue into phase 2 and delivery including
- Programme management and planning for implementation of the WMS transition
- Risk management and mitigation
- Delivery and monitoring of anticipated benefits
This is a new role, specifically to deliver on this very technical change management programme.
- At least 10-15 years experience working for a recognised WMS provider, leading successful multiple solution delivery implementations with testimonials, ideally in the eComm Retail industry
- The right person, with the right mindset, who has done this before repeatedly, with Programme and Project Management expertise, with strong stakeholder engagement and alignment skills
- Proven record of assessing existing and customised technical systems and integrations complexity, and experience replacing a heavily in-house developed ‘brown field’ WMS system implementation - on time, on budget, and delivering on anticipated benefits
- Strong written, verbal and visual skills - listening, and influencing through communication is key
- Astute influence and communications skills with all stakeholders; executive, business and external
- Proven experience delivering transformational system change in a live environment with
- The ability to demonstrate the use of various rollout and deployment strategies to achieve successful change whilst minimising business risk
- Proven experience using project management frameworks including Programme / Portfolio Management, Project Management, Project Management Tools & Methodologies, Project Risk Management, Communication, Change Management, Stakeholder and importantly Relationship management
- Experience in an agile environment is an advantage.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. This role is primarily based at our South West Sydney hub in Yennora.