Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
This role is part of the Treasury team, responsible for connecting the business to it’s financial partners
and managing the Group’s financial resources to assist with the delivery of Xero’s strategy.
Reporting to the General Manager of Treasury, you will support the execution of front office activities,
development of the Group’s intra-group funding framework and ensure all financial risks are
adequately captured and managed in accordance with the Group’s Treasury policy. You will also play
an important role in Treasury projects, including providing Treasury support to the Groups M&A
activities and funding requirements.
What you’ll do
● Day to day management of Xero’s debt facilities & instruments, including compliance and financial covenant reporting
● Support the General Manager of Treasury with establishing formal procedures for intercompany funding activities across Group companies, including tracking and manage intercompany loans, interest and associated documentation
● Partner with the GM of Treasury and Corporate Development team to ensure all liquidity requirements for potential M&A activity are clearly understood across the business and reported accurately to the CFO
● Establish and maintain a shadow credit rating process for management and board reporting
● Manage the calculation and annual review of the Groups WACC
● Provide input into Xero’s long term forecasts including sensitivity analysis of financial covenants, liquidity benchmarks and shadow credit ratings metrics
● Play a lead role in supporting all Treasury input into M&A activity, from due diligence through
to funds flow and integration of all Treasury front office activities & policies
● Maintain security and bank guarantee registers
● Contribute to regular Treasury reporting to the Treasury Governance Committee and the Audit
and Risk Management Committee of the Board
● Assist with ensuring documentation, policies and procedures are compliant and fit for
purpose, including the annual renewal of the Group Treasury Policy
● Assisting on ad hoc projects, including broader treasury and funding activities
● Support the continued development of the Groups key bank relationships from funding through to global cash management solutions
What you’ll bring with you
● A passion and deep understanding of the corporate treasury function through at least 5 years relevant corporate treasury or banking experience
● Understanding of risk management and banking products and services
● Experience and a successful track record in project delivery & driving change
● Strong data and modelling skills desirable.
● Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to lead and influence across a variety of internal & external teams across multiple disciplines
● Ability to think laterally and problem solve
● Effective judgement and decision maker
● High level of attention to detail and accuracy
● Strong system skills & continuous process improvement mindset
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.