About the role
The Global VP of Design is a critical role within Finder and will help to create our future vision for our global customer base. The Global VP Design will lead setting an ambitious design vision strategy, workflow, systems & processes and team structure in order to realise a world-class design standard for Finder. This role will enable effective and streamlined collaboration for cross-functional teams at scale. They will scale our global design team and define a clear design culture that attracts and retains the best design talent in the market and creates customer experiences that delight our customers.
This is a leadership role, with accountability for both the customer and commercial success of the design crew at Finder.
- Manage and inspire design managers, product designers, visual designers, researchers and content strategists
- Hire a world-class team of designers and researchers
- Create and foster a culture of inspiration, insight, an authority on design and user experience, ultimately maturing our design practice to be best-in-class
- Be passionate about creating an environment that supports our design team to produce their best possible work and to reach their potential
- Collaborate with crew and other functional leaders to ideate and define our Product Design Vision and Strategy
- Create a strong and member-centric Design culture within Finder, fostering an empowered and unified team
- Work closely with cross functional teams to accelerate the creation, development and iteration of our product offerings. You will champion fast iteration, deep user research and broad experimentation
- Leverage your deep experience in design to help create unique value propositions and experiences that set us apart from competitors
- Visually communicate design solutions using sketching, whiteboarding, wireframing or other low-fidelity design techniques
- Be an effective people leader, mentoring, coaching, pace-setting in the mastery of Design
- Evangelise, champion, deliver and drive uptake of Finder’s Design System
- Undertake product definition activities with product managers
- Take ownership of the commercial outcome and involvement through the entire process of inception, delivery, growth and operating until hand-over.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Design leadership experience with C-suite stakeholders for a company with a global footprint.
- Extensive experience contributing to multiple shipped digital products.
- Strong skills in graphic design, UI design, grids, typography, colour and branding.
- The ability to think creatively.
- An interest in effectively applying your skills for commercial gain.
- Great understanding of cross-channel design including responsive and mobile-first design concepts.
- Proven track record of UX from a UI design perspective and coming up with creative solutions to user problems.
- Strong experience delivering results through mentoring, coaching, performance optimisation, performance management and talent acquisition.
- An empathetic and compassionate leadership and facilitation style.
- Demonstrable eye for detail and professional pride in your work.
- Solid knowledge of Sketch and Invision.
- Visual design, interaction design, front-end engineering and user research experience.
- Exceptional Design, UX and CX vision and execution.
- Product vision and delivery.
- Expert navigation across the full technology stack required to own end-end delivery and operation.
Nice to Have:
- Strong Animation skills
- Strong illustration Skills
- Experience in native app development
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.