About the job
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Head of Marketing to take ownership of our customer and consumer development, brand strategy and product marketing rollouts.
Your primary responsibilities will be to help promote and grow the Homely brand and audience with home buyers/renters (consumers) and real estate agents (customers).
You will be working directly with the CEO's and leadership team on strategic choices about the current and future vision of the Homely brand, as well as executing on bringing those ideas to life. Day-to-day will involve working with the leadership team, developers, designers while also engaging with product and sales for a broader perspective on the business goals. We believe in giving people complete autonomy to get the job done through their level of expertise.
We particularly look for individuals with a "can-do" attitude, a willingness to jump in and help with any problem, always looking for new ways to solve problems, and continued evaluation of work, process and output to ensure great products get out in the best possible way.
What you will be doing
- Help drive the current and future brand strategy roadmaps. Thinking constantly about how we can shape the future of real estate search in Australia.
- In depth analysis of current user behaviours, discovering how our customers/consumers are interacting with our apps and website.
- Optimising marketing around the desired user behaviours.
- Directly responsible for new ideas that transform over time into successful campaigns, both digital and above the line.
- Work closely with an amazing team focused on problem solving and helping our consumers.
Benefits and perks
On offer is a potentially career defining position with a company that is shaping the future of the online real estate industry. Your opportunity for learning and creating a groundbreaking product is awaiting. Further to that you will receive:
- During the current COVID-19 environment, we are requesting all staff to work from home, and will continue to foster a WFH culture for the foreseeable future. This means complete flexibility in work hours for you.
- POST COVID-19: An office with a great view, located at the "Paris End" of Collins Street in Melbourne CBD.
- POST COVID-19: Friday drinks from the dedicated full-size bar fridge in our modern cafe area.
- A fast paced agile team environment that's also casual and inclusive.
- The opportunity to shape one of the most exciting real estate brands in Australia.
- Working within a company known for design and user experience, having been nominated and honoured by the Webby Awards for 5 years running.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building successful consumer facing brands, preferably in classified search verticals or online marketplace.
- Be able to showcase experience with digital marketing strategies, with case studies of successful execution.
- Proven ability to attract and grow an online audience.
- Knowledge of what makes people behave the way they do when interacting with brands.
- Data driven approach to above the line and digital marketing campaigns.
- All workers must have full work rights in Australia as no sponsorship will be offered and no remote placements. Must be able to work in the Melbourne office.
About Homely Group
Homely.com.au is a real estate search portal that helps millions of Australians each year to find their next home. Homely.com.au features over 90% of all real estate listings in Australia combined with incredibly unique neighbourhood content. Consumers can engage with street, suburb and agent reviews, a local Q&A community, school data and other tools to help them find the perfect place to live.
- Homely.com.au has been internationally recognised numerous times as one the top real estate portals in the world by the Webby Awards, most notably in 2017 for their mobile app. With an extreme focus on user experience and product design, Homely.com.au continues to push the product boundaries of real estate search in Australia.