We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
Culture Amp are looking for a Technical Lead to be the custodian for the architecture and strategy to rapidly scale the way we bring employee data into our platform with integrations to external HRIS systems. This role is a key part of enabling us to scale from helping 4 million to 100 million people at work.
This high-priority initiative is a unique opportunity to lead a team through the design and execution of building out a new ingestion pipeline platform using REST APIs. Taking learnings from our past endeavors you will help shape the future of how we ingest and deliver employee data from 3rd parties to the rest of the Culture Amp platform. This requires careful consideration to be able to quickly and cheaply scale to the high ingestion demands of our customers, while keeping maintenance and support issues to a minimum.
As part of the Platform Camp, you will have the support of a group of experienced technical leaders who are already leveraging areas such as serverless, event sourcing and distributed event-driven microservices to evolve our overall technical architecture.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Bring your innovation and architecture fundamentals to craft and communicate clear and compelling solutions with your team, peers and other stakeholders
- Mentor and grow a team of engineers dedicated to this high priority initiative
- Lead the way in moving legacy services closer to our technical vision of distributed microservices
- Solid systems architecture and programming fundamentals (We are using Go as a primary language - ruby experience a plus)
- AWS or other cloud environment experience - particularly around serverless technologies
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- Experience working in a complex distributed environment, using both synchronous and asynchronous communication mechanisms
- A growth mindset and willingness to embrace challenges
- A technical leader who can effectively balance hands-on technical skills with delegation and coaching others
- Passionate about quality architecture, but can “disagree and commit” when decisions don’t go your way
- An effective communicator both within your team and with external stakeholders
- Open to receiving feedback and giving feedback to others to help them grow
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). View our current commitments to anti-racism.
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A MacBook — for you to do great work where it suits you
- Share options — it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program — for those starting or growing their family
- Flexible working arrangements — wherever we can we aim to make work support the life you want to lead
- Fun and inclusive digital and (in the future) in-person events
And most importantly: an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.