Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
We launched in late 2016 and have had over 500,000 members join and a 4.8 star rating average from over 20,000 reviews. In mid 2021, we closed our Series B round of $35m and are backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB ventures.
The Spriggy Team
We’re a curious bunch and a rapidly growing team. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We take our values pretty seriously at Spriggy, and being values-led is a big part of who we are.
At Spriggy, your work matters, you’ll see the impact of the code that you ship to production in your first weeks in the hands of hundreds of thousands of Aussies. Our team shares a common goal and similar motivations. We’re all passionate problem solvers who believe people learn by doing. We tell it how it is and believe that together we can build a brighter future by ensuring what we choose to do makes a difference to us and our families.
At Spriggy you will have the opportunity to work with great engineers and technologists, innovating around interesting market leading technology, in a developer friendly environment solving actual customer problems. You will get to be involved in projects end to end, along with your team, going from understanding the customer problem to building solutions, to shipping and celebrating the win.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work on projects that are a little more greenfield, running experiments in the market, to solve customer problems, be those internal or external customers. All of that in an environment that takes the work very seriously, but doesn’t take itself very seriously at all. We are building products kids love to use after all.
- You would be joining the Spriggy Schools team to help build an amazing and unique tool that helps parents, kids, schools and canteen operators serve thousands and thousands of Australian families.
- Balance rapid delivery and execution with quality, stability, scalability and security.
- Collaborating with your team and others in the company to develop scalable solutions to technical problems.
- Working with our QA team to develop test plans and ensure quality throughout our engineering processes.
- Ensuring that systems comply with Spriggy’s security policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and improving existing systems (Agile, CI/CD, Devops, Automation).
- Contribute and champion engineering practices across the Spriggy team. At Spriggy, we’re planning to double our engineering team size every year. We’d love you to be an advocate of what we do and to be a magnet for other talent.
- Work collaboratively with a sense of shared purpose within a cross-functional team, including team members from engineering, product, analytics and operations.
- Working with the product and engineering teams to continue to build the company culture.
- Industry experience. You'll have worked in either a scale up or an enterprise environment building solutions that scale and can serve hundreds of thousands of customers.
- You enjoy solving customer problems. You recognise that technology is a vehicle to solving customer problems and have experience in companies that ship products at scale.
- Think big, build small. You dream big, while recognising that the best solutions often involve small thoughtful iterations at speed. You bring big visions to life by constantly thinking about the next smallest thing you can do to solve a problem.
- Value collaboration and communication. You’re comfortable communicating and collaborating with stakeholders. We work in small cross-functional teams that thrive off building and succeeding together.
- Strive for quality. You believe in building software systems that are readable, malleable, and reliable. Delivering a service our Spriggy families can trust and continues to evolve and improve is a high priority.
- Enjoy mentoring junior and mid-level team members. Learn by doing is one of our values and we are looking for experience to contribute to the growth of our team.
Current tech stack:
The Schools platform is used to facilitate lunch orders and event catering by hundreds of schools across Australia. The platform is made up of a REST API, web portal and mobile app. Technology wise, we currently use:
- .NET Core / C#. The current backend is a .NET based API application using Firebase authentication. Previous experience with .NET web application & API development is a must.
- Microsoft SQL Server. All our data is stored in SQL Server with a heavy emphasis on the use of Stored Procedures to fetch and update data. A good working knowledge of SQL is key.
- Azure. We currently host the schools platform using Azure. Think Azure DevOps, App Services, Logic apps and Application Insights. Previous Azure experience is advantageous.
- React Native. The mobile app used by parents to interact with the system is written in React Native using the same components as our award winning Pocket Money app.
Technology wise, we are slowly migrating the Schools platform out of the Azure hosted .NET core based tech stack, and more towards a microservices based architecture hosted in AWS, in line with Spriggy’s overall technology road map.
Life at Spriggy
- The opportunity to work at one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintechs.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with real purpose.
- A values-led culture focused on collaboration, growth and learning.
- A competitive salary
- A flexible hybrid workplace (including dedicated budgets for your WFH setup) and continued professional development budget.
- And our team's diverse background ensures that our products talk to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.