We are a fast growing society of dreamers who are hardworking, passionate and slightly coffee obsessed.
We’re currently on the hunt for an experienced and dynamic Operations Manager. This newly created role will take responsibility for managing and overseeing day to day operations which include our warehousing, fulfilment and customer experience teams. With exceptional customer experience at the heart of all decisions, you’ll be responsible for high impact initiatives and projects in terms of continuous improvement of our systems and processes.
With strong systems experience, you’ll take the lead on supporting and scaling our operations. Your organisation skills are second to none; juggling multiple projects and priorities at once is a walk in the park. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, you bring order to chaos with an eye for detail and enjoy solving problems. You are the ‘go to’ person for how to get things done and you’re skilled at working collaboratively and training others.
You are able to prioritise effectively to execute on key goals and projects and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to deliver on high impact tasks. This could be anything from working with business leaders in implementing international fulfilment, new ERP systems, property suitability & fit out for our domestic warehousing, through to change management of process improvements.
Expert leadership and management skills drive the way you work, and you’re able to put the customer at the heart of every decision. Managing both direct and indirect reports across our ‘Dream Team’ (Customer Service) and our Warehouse Team you will lead and inspire as well as ensure they’re supported to perform at their best.
- Fully accountable for the operational P&L which includes accountability for all costs in relation to warehousing, fulfilment and customer support teams.
- Complete ownership of our back end systems and integrated ecosystem, you’ll be the go-to-person for all training, issue resolutions, and ERP implementations and changes in the future.
- You will become the in-house guru on all flows of information to create seamless integrated and automated processes from order to dispatch.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Ecommerce & Retail teams on all activations, product launches and in-store/ online events.
WAREHOUSING, INVENTORY & FULFILMENT
- Overall management of our warehousing and fulfilment team
- Overall responsibility for the movement and accuracy of Inventory across all locations from the point of production.
- Lead process improvement and efficiencies, and ensure these are aligned with strategic goals
- Develop and optimise super efficient, pick, pack and ship processes
- Develop efficient and accurate goods-in and replenishment processes
- Achieve industry leading shipping cut off and delivery time frames
- Manage 3rd party supplier relationships with our shipping and logistics partners.
- Our plans for the future include rolling out in international markets so you’ll play a big part in building and delivering our warehousing, fulfillment plans internationally.
- Driving our culture of wowing customers, achieving service levels and issue resolution times, that are simply unheard of.
- Champion the views of customers and report on trends and feedback to share internally to improve everything we do.
- Define team KPIs and build reporting and dashboards to track and measure progress
- Develop team training materials and customer support process guidelines, to ensure consistency.
- Implement strategies and lead projects to continually improve the experience of our customers and the efficiency of our internal processes.
- Bring to life the voice of the business by instilling brand tone of voice in all communications
- Your team will drive initiatives to encourage customer loyalty & engagement
- Inspire lead and develop a world class fulfilment and customer experience team
- Responsible for the hiring, onboarding and continual training and development of the teams
- A hands on leadership approach, facilitating the ongoing training and motivation of the team both in achieving results and efficient accurate operations
- Consistently exhibit The Sheet Society companies’ behaviours and values. As the link between the backend operations and the customer service, you’ll ensure the operational team is united to the brand vision, values & mission.
- Maintain the performance management and professional development of all employees.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in operational and or CX management (preferably within a high growth ecommerce business)
- Proven track record of identifying and improving business efficiency through implementation of new systems, processes and automation.
- You’re tech savvy, with an innate love for problem solving, accuracy and efficiency
- You have next-level attention to detail and know how to make systems, software and processes work for you.
- You’re not afraid to use new technology or adapt to a better more efficient way of working, even if that means learning new processes
- You’re able to build, lead and inspire a high performing team.
- Bonus points for prior experience with WMS and ERP implementations
At The Sheet Society, it’s more than a workplace, it’s a community. With that in mind, we’re committed to making sure our employees are as happy in the workplace as our customers are in bed. Which is why our perks include:
- Staff Parking and great public transport links at our Warehouse & HQ in Brunswick
- ‘Jolly trolley’ - weekly snacks and drinks on a Friday
- ‘Sweet Dreams Day’ - a day of on your birthday
- Communal kitchen providing, fruit, biccies, and lots of coffee
- Access to Wellbeing initiatives
- A social calendar with fun events held throughout the year
- Generous staff discounts
- Dog friendly Fridays
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.