At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. We are well on our journey as a startup - a profitable one (and currently the most valuable private tech company in Australia). As we continue that journey, we are seeking engineers with strong skills in system administration and corporate infrastructure to join us in our HQ in Sydney.
Secure, scalable, well-maintained systems are the foundation of our development and design processes and we strive to ensure the same for our company’s technology operations. This is an opportunity to be the crucial member of Canva’s Internal Infrastructure Team, playing a key role in the global expansion of one of the world’s most exciting technology companies.
Currently in our Sydney HQ, we have over 600 people over 6 floors and 3 buildings, conference rooms, multi-use presentation spaces, a cafeteria, a rooftop bar and cafe. We have no plans to grow into a large corporate entity with layers of middle management and archaic processes - but instead, continue our progressive approach to the workplace, using engineering to codify the unique ways in which we work.
As an individual contributor, the role will be focused on the administration, support, and delivery of business-facing projects with respect to our internal systems, apps, and office infrastructure. You will be joining a newly formed Systems Operations function within the Infrastructure Group, with a focus on systems automation and streamlining of IT operations.
- Hands-on scripting in bash, python, perl, or related, for the automation of processes and systems
- Ownership of configuration and management of relevant services (GSuite, Atlassian, Identity providers, etc.) and configuration of security policies
- Management of MDM and asset management solutions for all Canva-owned devices
- Oversight of videoconferencing infrastructure
- Advise the business, while taking a hands-on approach to implementing necessary systems improvements, platform migrations, and upgrades
- Identify trends and problem areas using data-driven approaches and use metrics to identify focus areas for prioritization – with the end goal of improving our internal infrastructure and efficiency of our workforce
- Ensure our internal systems are stable and consistently available
- Support configuration activities, planned outages, etc
Required Skills and Experience
- Systems administration and IT operations experience in MacOS or Linux environments
- Networking skills – you’re able to understand, solve, plan and implement network solutions for small to medium sized offices.
- Experience supporting GSuite and Atlassian products and other SaaS apps
- Automation experience with the ability to readily write scripts from the ground up in Python, Bash, Perl, or similar
- Experience implementing and maintaining MDM (Fleetsmith, JAMF, etc), BYOD, IDP (Okta, Azure AD, etc.) and related security services and protocols
- You’re a champion of efficiency – with a bias towards creating self-service solutions to issues encountered by users
- You are an excellent communicator; with the ability to adapt well and multi-task amidst changing priorities in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations