About the role:
The ‘Writer’ has a wide range of skills in the areas of writing, editing, ideas generation, SEO, monetisation and other forms of non-paid traffic generation. Your work will always differ from day-to-day, but your prime responsibility is to write and edit evergreen guides and news and maintain our review and product pages. You’ll focus on investment topics for a global audience, particularly shares and funds, but also other investment products such as crypto.
- Write and improve investment content (including features, guides, broker reviews, news etc) for Finder on a daily basis, while working in tandem with the Editor, other writers and freelancers.
- Source your own story ideas and understand what is newsworthy and what is not within the context of Finder’s company goals.
- Uphold the editorial guidelines of Finder to the highest standard.
- Develop and maintain excellent subject expertise in share trading and other investment areas.
- Collaborate with the wider global financial niche team, ensuring that our content is suitable for global roll out and that we look for opportunities for scale publishing and efficiency.
- Stay abreast of all SEO developments and changes. Ensure that your work is informed by SEO at all times.
- Understand how investment content relates to revenue and let Client Services’ relationships inform (but not dictate) the content product process.
- Work with the Editor on growth projects and help the 1crew team achieve the quarterly OKRs.
- Support the internal Finder PR team with content, improvements and other tasks when required.
- Support paid marketing team with adhoc projects, content, sponsored articles, improvements and other tasks when required.
- Contribute to multimedia projects like video content, podcasts or social media content creation when required.
- Write and edit copy highlighting the key features of our partners, including trading platforms, bullion dealers, robo-advisors and other investment-related platforms.
- Maintain our product review pages so that our readers are up to date with any fee or feature changes that occur.
Essential requirements of the role:
- A high level of English literacy and the ability to produce well-written, clean copy every time.
- Strong subject expertise in share trading and other investment areas such as CFDs, options and forex trading.
- Experience of writing for a professional publication
- Proficiency in Wordpress.
- An understanding of the news cycle and impeccable news judgement.
- A strong understanding of message and medium - more specifically how to adjust your message to fit your medium.
- A dedication to inclusivity. Your writing must be friendly and helpful and not alienate any of our audience.
- Organised and able to communicate plans and statuses.
- To grow traffic and revenue from investment content.
- Help build a more engaged audience.
- Help establish Finder as the go-to source for news, advice, information, tips, inspiration, money-saving advice, reviews and buying guides.
- Contribute to our global expansion.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.