Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
This role is to act as a Business Partner to our Global Payments Product Group. You will be influential in managing financial performance for the business, and contributing to the strategic planning process operational outcomes, and global growth objectives through providing financial insights, decision support and commercial analysis.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Produce and provide financial management reports to Global Executives and the Payments Product Group
- Participate in month-end processes, including identifying and reporting on areas of risk and opportunity in forecasts and results and providing commentary to support an understanding of overall business performance
- Support the Payments Product Group with decision-making processes on major projects and commercial negotiations by conducting scenario analyses and financial risk assessments and providing advice on P&L, funding, and cash flow implications
- Own the global budgeting and forecasting process and financial models for processing costs and issuing costs, working together with the Payments Product Group, analytics, and regional finance team members
- Contribute to long-term strategic planning that aligns with near-term budgets, operational plans, and global growth objectives
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives, including reporting, data gathering, value-added analysis and enhancement of existing processes
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have a passion for working closely with your stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the business you support and to deliver exceptional value and insights to the business
- Your head will be abuzz with things we should be doing as a Finance Business Partner - financial modelling, data analysis, performance management, strategic influencing
- You ideally have experience supporting Payments (Acquiring and Issuing) businesses and a detailed understanding of the complexities of this space
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, including the ability to prepare clear, concise outputs from detailed financial analysis to enable informed decision-making
- You are ideally CPA/CA qualified with experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic company
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organization and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave (AU only)
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply:We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.