About the Adventus Story
The Adventus.io Story
Adventus.io is a B2B2C marketplace in the international student recruitment sector. We help institutions, recruitment agents, and service providers find and transact with each other, ensuring the right student is matched with the right placement for their needs. Founded in 2018, we’re on a mission to change the way the world accesses international education. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who want to be part of our mission and create the extraordinary.
Fast growing team of 400+ | Offices globally | AUD$20M+ Series A.
We are a value’s driven organisation who embrace differences and diversity of identity, experience and thought to maintain an inclusive workplace and a positive working environment.
About the Tech Team
The tech team is the engine room of Adventus.io, responsible for the technical development, direction and alignment of our product by providing engineering practices, development, release management and issue resolution so we can deliver world class experiences for students considering studying in higher education while delivering undeniable value and experience for our partners. As Senior Frontend Developer you will review, recommend and lead the continual development of designated technology initiatives using your knowledge base and by taking full ownership. This may include running workshops with team members, key stockholders and leaders to achieve development outcomes.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who has experience, confidence and drive to take technical ownership of our frontend ecosystem. This opportunity will see you work collaboratively alongside the design team, product leaders and engineers, in an agile environment, where you will play a meaningful role in shaping the technical direction of frontend development.
The Tech / What you will work with:
We certainly do not expect you to have experience in all of the technologies listed below. If you have experience with other related technologies, we would love to hear from you.
- HTML5, CSS (SASS, SCSS, BEM), Webpack
- VueJS, Composition API
- Node.js, PHP (Laravel)
- RESTful and Apollo GraphQL
- Storybook, UI Components
- Microservices Architecture
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB (Atlas), Redis
- Unit Testing, TDD, BDD
- Git, Bitbucket, GitHub
- Agile, JIRA
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- A computer science or engineering-related degree;
- Experience with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB;
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, Lambda, SNS;
- Experience with Docker, CI/CD frontend best practices.
- Minimum 8+ years of working experience in a technical hands on software engineering role, with some proven leadership, coaching or mentoring experience;
- Strong interest in usability and design aesthetics;
- Extensive experience building frontend libraries of reusable components in the context of a design system;
- Strong data and application security knowledge and skills;
- You value and champion frontend best practices, testing and automation;
- Demonstrated leadership in defining and uplifting code standards within a team;
- Passionate and always eager to help drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, design, coding, deployment, and support;
- Solid communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to establish a good rapport with business stakeholders;
- Thrive on solving complex problems with simple solutions.
What do you need to succeed?
- A drive to proactively cultivate relationships with team mates through inclusion and celebration;
- Dedication to continuously improve and develop your strengths & talents;
- A strong identification with Adventus values;
- Ability to juggle and prioritise competing priorities.