We have a simple mission here at Frankie One and that is to enable organisations to protect people’s identities and assets. In 2022, something so simple has never been more important for our customers and their customers! Through our trusted aggregation services and frictionless user experiences, we’re simplifying & enhancing identity verification and fraud prevention across the world.
Having recently completed our Series-A fund raise, we’re a team of 50 and we are seeking exceptional talent to help us in the next stage of the Frankie journey.
We're looking for a DevOps engineer with a security focus to build and enhance our existing team. We’re trusted by banks and other security conscious organisations to handle sensitive data, so the security and stability of our operations is paramount.
You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, wrangling unruly Lambda functions, building CloudFormation scripts, through to helping to design and implement new infrastructure to support a major new piece of service functionality. Your security focus will always be cast across the existing service, looking for ways to improve how we keep our customers safe.
You play a key role in our development operations and its evolution; planning how these need to change as we grow. You get our systems up and running in a timely manner to ensure long-term scalability. You bring your previous experience in a similar environment to the table. You're reliable and bring stability to the team. It is your responsibility to provide ongoing advice and support across all our squads.
Your ticket to success:
- Be an advocate. For Frankie, for the product, for our people and for our values.
- Pride in your work. You are proud of what you have achieved taking great care and have an eye for detail.
- You will provide ongoing monitoring of the organisation's cloud architecture, checking for performance and compliance.
- You will develop the cloud infrastructure and work on IaC to improve efficiency and reduce risk; testing and maintaining cloud infrastructure in the long term.
- You control and manage the end-to-end deployment processes, working with the dev team to implement and maintain CI/CD practices.
- Manage the platform environments. You build platform environments to support auto-scaling for the business in the future. You also ensure our demo and live customer environments are active with redundancies in place.
- Focus on security. Provide security techniques and expertise to ensure the infrastructure and software services meet specific security requirements/certifications (ISO27001)
- Be a team player.
- You work with development teams on the building of websites, applications, and software pieces.
- You liaise closely with both development and operational teams, conducting analyses, and feeding this data back to relevant teams to support their efforts.
- You’re an active participant in our regular scrum rituals (standup, grooming, retro, etc).
- You also Work closely with senior engineering staff on systems and security architecture
- Be proactive. Your input and innovation is vital to ensure continuous improvement to both the Security & DevOps pipelines and processes, and to the Information Security tools, services, and processes. You identify and resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
- Mentor. You coach and mentor junior members of the team, peer reviewing their work and supporting their development by sharing your knowledge and experience.
In a previous life you have:
- Experience working in an agile, DevOps/SecDevOps/SRE environment.
- Minimum of 5 years building and managing secure, highly available and robust infrastructure in AWS.
- Built knowledge of setting up, securing, managing and monitoring containerised services in ECS and/or Fargate. Knowledge of AppMesh is a definite bonus.
- Use of Cloudformation - CDK a huge plus - and Terraform to automate the build and management of base infrastructure services.
- Made extensive use of AWS technologies such as ELB/ALB, ACM, Route53, SQS, SES, RDS (PostgreSQL), Secrets Manager, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Elasticache (Redis) and especially IAM. We expect you to know these.
- Extensive experience with git version control, git branching and merging (we use BitBucket).
- Experience in building and defining build and release pipelines using tools like BitBucket or BuildKite.
- Experience using Datadog for system monitoring.
- Experience with deploying Node.JS and Golang services.
- Extensive experience working with Linux environments (we use Debian variants or AWS Linux).
- Ideally, a background in software engineering would be a plus. As mentioned above, we’re a Golang and Node/Typescript/Express/Vue shop.
- Preferably experience with vulnerability scanning, penetration testing and risk. assessments as well as relevant professional certifications from industry organisations such as GIAC, ISC2, ISACA desired.
Our benefits & ways of working
This full-time role will be based in either our Melbourne office in Docklands or in the Sydney CBD. Both are high-energy co-sharing offices surrounded by lots of other start-ups and small tech companies. We get to catch up over breakfast on a Tuesday, sweet things on a Thursday, and cheese and drinks on a Friday. Trivia, competitions, and wellbeing initiatives are also important and part of the Frankie way.
As an early-stage company, you’ll witness the company growing in size and value because of your direct impact. We also want you to see the upside in the value you bring and hence offer an attractive compensation package.
We have a flexible work-from-home policy but do encourage our staff to come into the office on at least Wednesdays and Fridays so we can maintain our vibrant culture and use these days for team collaboration / problem-solving.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success here at FrakieOne. We welcome and value all religions, national origins, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, marital status, age profiles, and those with specific needs. Please reach out if you would like support throughout the recruitment or onboarding process.