The Pepperstone story started in 2010. Our team describes us as a place for the creative and the driven. We’re a team who do things a little differently: we’re a global fintech that was born digital, nimble, connected, and united in our purpose to truly support every one of our customers’ quests for trading mastery. Our people are motivated to develop their careers in FinTech in a vibrant and fast-paced environment. We thrive on progress – for our traders and for ourselves. We possess a unique organisational culture, combined with a vibrant and fast-paced working environment for driven people who want to grow their career in finance and do so with one of the world's fastest-growing FX brokers.
As our Engineering Lead you will be a key member of the IT leadership team and play a significant role in the digital transformation journey we are about to embark upon! We're excited to say the very least. You'll be joining our payments team that is responsible to handle our customers' money, including deposit and withdrawal. This will include working closely with the Head of Payments to deliver new payment provider integrations, liaise with various payment providers' technical account managers, and also uplift our current payments platform technology.
As an Engineering Lead at Pepperstone, your time is split roughly evenly between leading and nurturing a cross-functional team of engineers and technical work, such as contributing to architecture decisions and getting stuck into complex technical challenges, and driving engineering standards and practices across Pepperstone. A key focus of your role is to ensure that the team is prepared for the challenges that the world of technology poses by teaching them to be flexible, agile in their thinking, and innovative in their approach to solving problems for the business.
Ideally, you'll bring:
- Previous experience in a lead engineering role, coaching & mentoring teams, and creating a culture of curiosity and continuous learning
- An appetite to work closely with our product function
- Previous experience in Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Blue/Green deployment, Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Deep knowledge of the AWS stack (AWS Solutions Architect Certificate would be a bonus!)
- Strong understanding of API design and architecture, including a strong understanding of RESTful API and GraphQL (good to have)
- Strong experience in integrating with 3rd party services (payments provider mainly)
- Proven ability to manage and drive technical change in an organisation
- Strong understanding of token-based authentication and Microservices architecture and security principles
- Strong understanding of design and development principles, and best practices in fundamental programming techniques and concepts
- Strong experience in Agile development environment and tools (Jira/Trello)
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Genuinely collaborative and friendly culture
- Flexible working arrangements – we value work-life balance & are working in a hybrid model
- Generous parental leave policy
- Fully stocked kitchen with lots of snacks
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Ongoing Personal Development & Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Frequent team events and celebrations
Pepperstone is an online Forex and CFD Broker providing traders across the globe with cutting-edge technology to trade the world’s markets. Our award-winning combination of outstanding customer service coupled with incredibly low-cost pricing across all FX, CFDs, and Commodities has resulted in Pepperstone being one of the world’s fastest-growing FX brokers. Our focus is to support every one of our customers’ quests for trading mastery.
Check out what our team is saying on Glassdoor!
Please express your interest by applying through our Pepperstone Careers page as soon as possible! https://pepperstonecareers.com/
Pepperstone is an equal opportunity employer.