About the role:
Working as part of the Data & Analytics team you will supercharge Finder’s data science capabilities through the design, deployment and improvement of data science models.
We’re looking for a technically strong Data Scientist who is accustom to working in a small, fast-paced team. A team player who is flexible to change.
You will get to create machine learning models from business requirements and then translate them into usable product ready solutions.
- Work closely with product teams to improve the product user experience
- Translate business and functional needs into problem statements
- Translate complex machine learning problem statements into specific deliverables and requirements
- Design and develop scalable solutions that use machine learning models to meet business requirements
- Collaborate with development teams to test and integrate machine learning models into production-level code
- Build metrics to continuously evaluate the performance of machine learning solutions
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing machine learning solutions
- Ensure consistency in performance standards and compliance to data security requirements
- Utilise cloud platform and services to perform deep analysis
- Be an active part in the delivery of the BI end-to-end solutions that include data gathering, modelling, reporting and front end development in cooperation with other team members.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Subject matter expert in common ML frameworks and modern software development best practices
- Experience in utilising cloud platform and services in data science work
- A passion for making ML methods robust and scalable
- Strong programming skills with proven experience in SQL query and at least one of Python, Julia or Scala
- Ability to explain and present analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad technical and non-technical audience
- Be able to rapid-prototype and deliver data science solutions aligned with Finder mission and values, ensuring high standards of quality, innovation, and respect for user privacy
- Collaborative, analytical problem solver and innovation-focused
- Experience in a high-energy startup or an enterprise-class software company
Nice to have:
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- Experience in building/designing relational databases, reporting/BI platforms or leveraging statistics for data analytics;
- Experience in or exposure to DevOps/APIs and understanding of the application lifecycle in the context of model deployment;
- Experience in modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modelling, ETL workflow development, etc.);
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.