THE ICONIC is a truly unique brand. We entered the market in 2011 with the vision of defining the future of fashion retail. Since then we have created a brand known throughout Australia by connecting 20-35yr old shoppers with the best fashion and sports product through the most inspiring and rewarding shopping experience.
THE ICONIC stands for benchmark-setting experiences (3HR delivery, access to over 700 top brands, market-leading shopping app), for impassioned communities (connecting Australians fashion and sports lovers through digital innovation), and for our love of the newest in fashion from our 700+ leading local and international brands. We want to inspire Australians and New Zealanders to constantly explore new sides of their identity, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
- “We Dream Big” – “You will challenge the status quo, bringing passion, innovation and creativity to the wider ICONIC team.
- “We Are True to our Customers” – you will be inherently passionate about customer impact, both external and internal customers, and will constantly challenge yourself and the team to deliver more customer value
- “We Get Things Done” – you do not want to work in a cumbersome organisation, you want to work in an agile high-growth company. You lead with the right balance of planning and pragmatism.
- “We are Stronger Together” - You will be part of an experienced team working collaboratively to inspire the broader organisation towards a united vision.
About the Tech Department
At THE ICONIC Tech Team, innovation drives us; we believe that innovation should not be sitting in a silo team but rather be part of everything we deliver. Every person in the tech team has a voice and our best outcomes are achieved through collaboration in whiteboard sessions. All our teams are cross-functional, mission-driven and they are able to iterate from inception to production without being blocked or having to ask permission from other teams. We love to move fast and validate learning using data!
Everyone in the tech team is aware of the importance of having a psychologically safe environment where people are allowed and even encouraged to fail often. We have the structure in place to allow everyone in tech to deploy new risky ideas with minimal collateral damage. We believe that our customers benefit more if we move fast, even if that means breaking a couple of things along the way.
Responsibility as an Senior Network Engineer
You will be working in an IT department across multiple hubs to create and support a world class, secure network infrastructure.
- Ensure the effective and efficient operation and maintenance of the organisation's servers, firewalls and network IT infrastructure.
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security.
- Recommend enhancements to network infrastructure that will improve network performance, security and stability.
- Maximise network performance through ongoing monitoring tools.
- Document and maintain network documentation and topology diagrams.
- Maintain and enact security and redundancy strategies working closely with the Senior Head of Security.
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency
- General maintenance and administration of hardware, software and operating systems.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 8+ years in a similar network engineer role
- 8+ years hands on experience managing and maintaining network infrastructure and firewalls
- 5+ years hands on experience with Windows Server and its basic components like Active Directory and Group Policies, DNS, DHCP
- Degree or equivalent in Systems or ICT engineering.
- Strong networking and firewall experience using Cisco/Meraki switches & Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Advanced knowledge on Windows and MAC OS.
- Must be able to work independently as well as on team projects.
- Initiative and enthusiasm and the ability to identify and prioritise issues and provide appropriate resolutions
- Meticulous with an eye for detail
- A practical quick learner who is open to new challenges
- Growth mind-set, we never stop learning!