Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
We are looking for a talented Senior UX/UI Designer for a six month contract whose curiosity and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Melbourne, you will add an end to end design process to our product delivery squads, promoting the importance of a collaborative and iterative design process. As a Senior UX/UI Designer you are the user advocate and responsible for defining our customer exploration and user research plans, as well as leading the creation of usable, accessible and compelling user interfaces on projects ranging from wireframes and individual components to complete design systems.
We believe that our customers deserve the best product experience and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our Senior UX/UI Designer needs to match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and others and be able to lead in a fast-paced environment with short project timelines from conception to deployment.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Designers to create world-class user experiences
- Create, evaluate and modify intuitive, elegant and compelling UI interfaces for complex interactions.
- Lead the creation of wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and visual design specifications
- Define key experience design activities including user research, workshops and interviews
- Use ongoing customer testing, research and analytics to understand user behaviour
- Promote and execute user-testing within and across teams
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other UX designers
- Help drive continual improvements to processes, design activities, testing and operations
- Collaborate with Engineers to create and maintain well-documented design systems that include guidelines and examples of how to apply design and brand styles
- Integrate multivariate tests to learn why variants work, as well as conduct around-the-office user testing in all stages of the product cycle
What you’ll need:
- Solid design experience leading and delivering multiple projects to production
- Problem solving, team-work, communication and collaboration!
- Sound knowledge of user-centred design and best practice to be able to define the customer exploration and user research strategy
- Solid understanding of desktop, web, mobile accessibility and standards, common UI patterns and usability best practices.
- Confident presenting to groups, facilitating testing sessions and explaining design options
- Proven experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- Familiarity with web and native UI technologies (React) would be helpful
- Nice to have: Past experience with product-related UI such as wearables or data visualisation
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.