We are a passionate and diverse team with a mission to be Australia’s most loved short-term rental and hospitality company. With a professional service and a customer-centred approach, we generate higher returns for our property owner clients in the short and mid-term rental market. MadeComfy guests enjoy the best parts of hotel stays such as professional cleaning standards and easy online booking, paired with the comforts of home like a full kitchen, separate living areas, and the convenience of contactless self-check-in.
At MadeComfy, we know that culture cannot exist solely within a single person, it lives within shared values, beliefs & behaviors. Our core values bind us together and amplify our abilities, we see them as timeless guiding principles - Trust, Agility, Empowerment & Wow.
We believe that passion always wins & diversity is something to be harnessed, allowing us to combine our skills & experiences to form a higher intelligence. We promote behaviours that allow the team to feel empowered & have created an environment that nurtures growth, inspiration & most importantly fun.
Primary purpose of the role
This person will be a proven and inspiring leader with ambitions for personal and career growth. As a rapidly scaling company disrupting an established industry, this role is foundational to our success. This person will work closely together to solve our customer’s and internal teams biggest challenges and in parallel, curate the Product Teams vision, strategy, and processes to develop world-class products.
This role will be responsible for the leadership and strategic management of the MadeComfy product team and spearheading investigation and analyses on the product and the product market. The Head of Product will identify opportunities, develop business cases and work in conjunction with the CTO and leadership team to develop the product roadmap of both internal and external-facing systems. The Head of Product will regularly review the product strategy and make strategic amendments as the market and business needs evolve. Being hands-on when necessary to deliver features and agile projects.
- Strategic planning and management of an entire product portfolio
- Ability to create and present visionary innovations (occasionally in front of investors), strategic decision proposals, as well as the calculation of business cases
- Experience leading and energising a team of skilled Product Managers
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Person-centred management skills
- Ability to be hands-on when necessary to deliver features and agile projects, while having the experience to zoom out and work strategically with the Leadership Team
- Identify and resolve potential issues in the strategies developed by the product management team
- Agile project management