Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As one of Afterpay’s Senior Relationship Managers, you’ll grow and expand our key strategic partnerships across a defined portfolio of merchants both online and instore and exceed profitability targets for Afterpay and our partners. We are looking for someone who will effectively run a business within the Afterpay ANZ business. You will lead the direction and evolution of our vertical strategies and own the growth and development of your portfolio; identifying opportunities for establishing best practices that scale across the wider business. This is a permanent fulltime opportunity.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Grow and develop long term profitable partnerships that deliver for our Merchants, our Customers and Afterpay. From topline growth, right through to the unit economics you’ll focus on building a sustainable profitable business
- Lead C-level external and internal engagement and stakeholder management. This role is about truly leading and managing complex relationships and engaging internally and externally to build advocacy
- Manage a complex portfolio and lead the development and analysis of the overall portfolio and its performance. You’ll develop, negotiate and execute our multi-year account plans in conjunction with our strategic partners and lead the evolution of our pricing and contract renewal process that establishes clear and measurable ROI models for Afterpay and its partners
- Deliver a proactive customer growth strategy to drive merchant usage, satisfaction, and revenue growth across our current contracts and new opportunities
- Develop and refine our Merchant Value proposition instore and online. Establish clear marketing best practices, optimisation strategies and expansion plans with our partners and monitor performance
- Identify and help scale best practices across a variety of areas including Operations, Risk Management Staff Training, Visual merchandising and Marketing plans
- Lead Merchant advocacy within the Afterpay business. Foster cross-functional engagement internally across Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal, Risk and Operations to ensure our product and offering continues to evolve and exceed both our merchants and their customers’ expectations
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- You have 7+ years experience in a client-facing Sales/Account Management/Customer Success role
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- You have excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to manage complex enterprise relationships across all internal and external stakeholders, and build advocacy
- Your experience in an eCommerce or start-up environment with global operations will be highly regarded
- You have experience covering planning, people management, reporting and profitability metrics
- Your experience with B2B sales and franchises will be tested
- You’re comfortable effectively managing a complex portfolio while delivering top results
- You have a track record of identifying opportunities and seizing them
- Programme and Project management experience will be highly regarded
- You’ve built out Go-to-Market plans and programmes that deliver strong results and that scale
- You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Sydney and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.