Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Director, Global Small Business Solutions, you’ll lead a team of delivery managers and technical support specialists across the globe and be accountable for effectively integrating the largest segment of merchants in Afterpay’s portfolio, Small Business. This role is critical in enabling commerce for merchants, for Afterpay, and for BNPL as an industry.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Lead a global team of delivery managers, overseeing a consultative team of Afterpay experts who integrate our Small Business merchants both directly and across platforms
- Establish processes that drive global harmonisation of integration methodology, ensure the highest level of operational soundness, and methodically measure and improve productivity at regional and global levels
- Lead the post-integration service experience, designing process, and ensuring service requests are resolved in the most timely and effective manner
- Partner with Product and Commercial leaders to create/inform product strategy and to influence and set roadmaps
- Create the industry’s most innovative and technically light integration strategies
- Be the single point of accountability for the team’s performance and goal achievement including defining/ setting team and individual OKRs
- Lead and grow the Small Business Merchant Services organisation including developing a deliberate team culture that prioritises high individual accountability and performance
- Act as the senior point of escalation/interaction with the most critical platforms, merchants and partners, and internal senior leaders making key decisions and ensuring outcomes balance the needs of all stakeholders
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have extensive experience in a multi-project B2B environment, such as a digital or software development agency, a software platform vendor, or in some comparable customer-facing project management role
- You ideally have experience within eCommerce, including Payments, Order Management, and Reporting systems
- Your experience with operations management including process design, optimisation, and measurement will be highly regarded
- You’re comfortable solving open-ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking
- Your stakeholder management and skill communicating complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences will be put to good use
- You’re a thought leader who inspires direct and indirect teams
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.