Koala's mission is: Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service, and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats. Our number one priority (after making amazing products) is the customer experience. We are a brand that deeply cares about our customers and we strive to do anything to make them happy and completely satisfied.
Why we have this role @ Koala
This role is critical in helping Koala enter the commercial sector and achieve our future revenue aspirations. You will focus on creating sales strategies, identifying new opportunities, and executing these as we aim to become the first-choice supplier in our key focus areas.
The focus is building out new enterprise accounts in the accommodation and property and development sector as we take Koala's famous brand name to new areas.
This role will need to keep an innovative and agile mindset as we look to drive efficiencies with all existing processes while developing new processes involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Help to create, develop and implement our Koala Trade & Commercial sales strategies.
- Utilizing both a cold calling and warm lead approach you will drive new business opportunities. You will utilize your previous experience and network to develop, qualify and manage the sales pipeline.
- Negotiating and closing sales opportunities and encouraging long-term relationships with key decision-makers, through regular contact, meetings, and ongoing support and service.
- Identify and enable marketing initiatives that create stronger awareness in the Trade & Commercial sector while driving new lead generation.
- Identifying, registering, and submitting formal tenders (government / private)
- Processing orderings. Working with various functions to ensure we meet the customer requirements with order fulfillment.
- Supporting our B2B Specialists with business inquiries, ordering, and fulfillment.
- Actively report on all leads, opportunities & revenue in a weekly and monthly cadence.
- Build relationships and work closely with all internal stakeholders. Continually work on process improvement to drive increased efficiency and scalability.
- Take ownership and proactive measures to drive a great customer experience for B2B customers.
- Minimum 6+ years of sales experience working in either a business development, account management or sales executive role.
- Extensive experience in managing a sales pipeline from initial prospect/inquiry to completion.
- Experience in networking and presenting to all stakeholder levels.
- Experience in preparation and submission of formal tenders.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and good analytical skills.
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- A passion to keep up to date on current industry trends.
- Strong target / results-driven mindset. A make-it-happen attitude that will be rewarded with an attractive commission package and car allowance.
- Experienced in driving new initiatives, you’re always thinking about what can be done next and able to manage change to get there.
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
- WFB/Flexible hybrid working - Work from bed? The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you, including from anywhere on the globe!
- Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental, Koala life leave and more to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
- Monthly barbies and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT Online where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, plus tons of Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
- All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference, and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, have a long-game focus, and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.