Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We have an opening on our talented automotive engineering team for a Program Manager to manage a global multimillion dollar development program across 4 continents. The role will act as the CEO for the program responsible for the overall execution, delivery, timing, budget and quality of the deliverables.
The right person will have a blend of technical and management skills with an ability to interface to a customer and ability to comprehend and break down technical topics while challenging the engineering team. Role will have program responsibility from end to end – you own the design, development, delivery, and production.
Programs range from 3-5 years in length and come with a large amount of responsibility. The right person is a driver, motivator, and always focused on execution and getting things done!
Inside the Job
- Manages client projects with primary responsibility for client satisfaction, team excellence, and delivery on time and to budget.
- Manages day to day client relations and builds long-term relationships with client.
- Structures the problem-solving process and develops project schedules, assigns work to team members.
- Leads team members and provides on the job training and coaching.
- Controls project budget. Supports lead generation and project acquisition with proposal preparation and presentation.
- Work cross functionally with product and engineering program managers to ensure customer support and on time deliverables.
- Provides topical expertise and intellectual leadership to project teams.
- Develops intellectual capital in targeted areas as part of our thought leadership initiatives.
- Contributes to the development and management of the practice through involvement in, for example, recruitment, training, and marketing.
- Travels to client locations.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible experience in the execution of projects or large programs delivering technical electronics to customers
- Experience interacting with senior management (written and oral)
- Refined presentation skills (written and oral)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to absorb technical concepts and quickly learn
- Must possess independent drive, strong organizational mindset, and efficient time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in a related field preferred
- Experience to include various industry-specific business models and prior interaction with key players in the Automotive functional space.
- In-depth industry knowledge as a result of education and experience
- Understanding of various industry business models and key dynamics
Be part of a high-performance team.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you.
- Healthy lunch provided onsite.
- Wellness Budget.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Learning & Development budget.
- Internal progression opportunities.
- ESOP offering & remuneration package.
- Monthly social events.
- Volunteer day.
- Team lunches.
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!