Employment Hero is one of Australia's fastest-growing tech companies. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. Having expanded globally in late 2020 we will continue to grow rapidly in 2021 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First' approach with our team. We don't mind if you live in Broome, Bendigo or Bondi, if you've got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you.
Due to our rapid expansion, we're hiring several newly created roles in our Core Technology team. The new Architecture Lead will take ownership of end-to-end platform architecture and software performance metrics. A typical week will see you collaborating with senior product and engineering stakeholders to provide strategy and expertise.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Oversee end-to-end Platform architecture and roadmap, with a focus on best-practice approaches to design, security, testing, and performance
- Engage senior Technical and Product stakeholders from all areas of the business, providing expertise and ensuring compatibility and efficiency between modules
- Own software performance metrics (response times) and key metrics for ongoing improvement and scalability of the platform
- Provide hands-on understanding of product and technical aspects of the platform; initiate and deliver business cases for change initiatives/software procurement as required
- Manage Solutions Architects to a common goal and consistent design approach, leverage team Database development and Test capabilities to benefit entire Engineering team
- Guide technical evaluations via POCs and design workshops
- 10+ years of programming experience with deep proficiency in at least one of the following languages: C/C++/C#, Java, Python, Ruby
- 7+ years of programming experience in designing and developing APIs, microservices, web applications, mobile applications, real-time applications
- Proven experience developing strategic system architecture plans
- Expertise in running a highly-available SaaS product, leveraging the AWS Cloud platform
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure design and deployment
- Experience working and collaborating with large teams, including being a champion for change!
- Advocate for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Software Engineering and Testing best practices
These things would be an added bonus - but they aren't required
- Masters or higher qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Appropriate AWS certification (eg. AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional)
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Work from home available
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
Why Join Employment Hero?
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
* Dynamic Business Top 10 Entrepreneurs, our CEO Ben Thompson ranked #2
* BRW Most Innovative Companies 2015
* Anthill Smart 100 List 2015
* Startup Daily Top 50 Emerging Leaders 2015
* HRD Employer of Choice Award 2015
* Aon Hewitt Best Employers 2013