Seer Medical is a team of experts in clinical science, biomedical engineering and design tackling some of the most challenging problems in medical diagnostics. Founded in 2017, Seer has grown rapidly to deliver an at home video-EEG-ECG service for epilepsy diagnostics and management that has now helped over 1,300 people around Australia. This is just the beginning, and we are looking for the best and brightest to join our growing team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Neurophysiology Scientist, you will review ambulatory video-EEG-ECG recordings and provide feedback to the designers of a cloud-based data analysis and viewing platform.
You will also independently perform the following:
Reporting and Reviewing
- Review and annotate prolonged ambulatory video EEG recordings.
- Measure patients using the EEG international 10-20 system.
- Connect and disconnect ambulatory video EEG patients.
- Securely transfer and manage patient data.
- Maintain data integrity via remote login/ contacting patients via telephone.
- Perform minor equipment maintenance.
We have high standards
- Complete a Seer scientific report outlining your findings.
- Communicate findings with reporting neurologist.
- Complete allocated EEG studies within 1-week timeframe.
- Contact patients and coordinate bookings.
- Liaise with neurologists regarding booking times and report completion.
Travel / Call Outs
- On rare occasions travel to satellite offices to connect/disconnect patients.
- Occasionally travel for onsite call outs – if equipment cannot be fixed remotely.
- Visit neurologists to raise awareness of the service.
- At least 2 years’ experience in clinical neurophysiology is required.
- Experience in reviewing EEG data and identifying abnormal/epileptiform activity is essential.
- Experience reviewing long-term EEG data in adults is essential, and paediatric experience preferred but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Self-directed and takes initiative.
- A full drivers licence is preferred but not essential.
- You will require a current Working With Childrens check.
We are looking for people with a strong theoretical and practical understanding of electroencephalography. The successful candidate will work well independently, have exceptional communication skills, cope with tight deadlines and be able to work in a very dynamic environment.