At Koala, our mission is to deliver better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
Why we have this role @ Koala
This newly created senior position reporting to the Director of Planning offers a dynamic opportunity for an experienced demand planner to play a pivotal role in shaping Koala's demand planning strategy while contributing to the overall success of the organisation.
Koala is currently undergoing transformation in the demand planning and replenishment space, recently undertaking the implementation of a demand planning platform driven by machine learning. This role holds significant importance in driving optimal results from this platform, ensuring outputs fit within Koala’s business rules & configurations.
We are looking for an experienced demand planner who is comfortable collaborating across functions to ensure our global demand plans are reflective of the businesses sales and marketing goals.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Take charge of the demand planning function at Koala, focusing on enhancing the accuracy of our bottom-up machine learning forecast and demand plan
- Collaborate with internal marketing and growth teams to align the demand plan with Koala’s sales and marketing objectives, ensuring a cohesive approach
- Manage demand related exceptions within our planning platform (significant deviation in sales v forecast, MAPE exceeds threshold, bias swings etc)
- Work closely with internal product and marketing teams on new product introductions and terminations, ensuring demand planning platform is reflective of any expected cannbilisation, halo, replacement or reference product impacts
- Assist with commercial endorsements of new products and ranges, providing transparent views on inventory investment while providing feedback on launch timings and plans from an operational perspective
- Lead promotional planning cycles with broader business units, ensuring operational demand plan is finalised for replenishment within lead times
- Maintain all master data that relates to forecasting within the planning platform
- Provide visibility on excess inventory (actuals v risk) & slow moving lines to be actioned by wider team
- Work with other senior members of the team to reinvent the current Koala ways of reporting in relation to inventory and demand outlooks
- Attend and provide insights across various Koala forums in relation to demand constraints, drivers, risks and levers
- Assist with projects to achieve greater efficiencies within planning and across the supply chain
- 3 - 5 years experience in demand planning (essential)
- Experience owning demand reporting metrics (Bias, Error, FVA, MAPE, SWAPE, lags etc)
- Previous experience with demand planning tools (Logility, RELEX, Anaplan etc)
- Advanced analytical skills across Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Previous experience within S&OP and/or IBP structures and processes
- Experience in a direct to consumer supply chain is desirable
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to confidently lead and actively engage in high level discussion & forums
- A team player that can also work independently
- Self-motivated, task-oriented and organised
- Ability to perform in a time sensitive environment
- A passion to keep up to date on current industry trends
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
- WFB/Hybrid working - We’re mixing it up with a couple of days back in the Alexandria Treehouse (office) and work from bed/home (WFB); we want you to do your best work the way that works for you, including from anywhere on the globe (T&Cs apply)!
- Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental, Koala life leave and more to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
- Tuesday lunches, Monthly barbies, socials and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - via our Learning Management platform Juno, as well as individual and team growth budgets and dedicated days.
- Short and long-term incentive plans ensure you benefit as Koala succeeds!
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding, 1% and so much more.
- All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.