We’re looking for a lead product manager who can build off of our foundational product and drive further growth and scale of our can’t-live-without shipping solution for small businesses in Australia and join a newly-formed product management team grounded in values of collaboration, problem-solving, and growth. If you are passionate about driving growth, building for scale, and delivering shipping products that customers love, we’d love to talk to you!
A bit about us
Sendle is a B Corporation and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and the United States. We build shipping that is good for the world and help small businesses thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable and doing that by harnessing major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
We have made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to a successful launch and operation in the US. We want to continue our growth in Australia and prove we have a product that can scale and act as a proving ground for offerings across the globe.
About the team
We are a brand-new product management team at Sendle. We are part of the technology organisation, and we work closely with our technology partners in engineering, design and user research. We also spend a lot of our time with our business operation partners in network, partnership and customer service. All of your primary stakeholders, within and outside the technology organisation, will be based in Australia and New Zealand. The job is 100% remote, however, there is an opportunity for local meetups and even shared workspaces if that is your thing. You will be measured by the results you help deliver and not the amount of time spent on your keyboard.
A bit about the role
This role will focus on developing product offerings for our Australian market. This will include the following responsibilities:
- Develop new product opportunities through analysing the competitive landscape and customer feedback.
- Analyse opportunities using customer insight, internal and external feedback and data analytics to determine the right place to invest product engineering resources
- Develop product offerings by defining feature sets, developing user experience and determining release plans for product launches. This is in close collaboration with product design and user research.
- Support design and engineering teams during product implementation.
- Manage communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a well-supported product launch.
- Analyse the impact of a product launch and determine if it was successful or needs further refinement.
- Work closely with product engineering, product design and various business leads to successfully execute the development of your product.
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap in Australia.
- Communicate updates to internal stakeholders around progress, blockers and planning of key milestones.
- Communicate product milestones and market insights to the leadership team at Sendle.
Let’s talk about you
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 8+ years of product management experience or a combination of 8+ years of product management and logistics e-commerce experience.
- Loves using data and customer feedback to figure out what makes a product the right solution for customers.
- Is passionate about technology and how it can be used to solve hard problems
- Is passionate about what they build and who they build it for
- Is not afraid to get rid of any blockers standing in the way of delivering the right product at the right time.
- Loves developing a shared understanding with stakeholders, and has a vast toolset of communicating ideas to influence the folks around them.
- Loves growing and leading other product managers around them.
- Understands what a good e-commerce experience looks like.
- Has expert-level knowledge in SMB shipping and logistics
What we’re offering
- A chance to do the best work of your career with a collaborative, creative, and supportive team
- A generous personal development budget
- You are able to create your own work environment, connecting to a remote team from anywhere in Australia / New Zealand
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Legally, we need you to know this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
But it’s important to us you know this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can, and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’d love to hear from you!