Stake is looking for a Brand Designer to join our team at our Bondi Junction HQ, with a flexible hybrid working model 3 days in the office, 2 WFH.
We’re an Australian investment platform with a mission to provide a seamless and immersive experience that breaks barriers for ambitious investors. We serve a global customer base of 500,000+ investors, with more than A$2 billion in assets under administration.
More than a digital brokerage, Stake is a brand that stands for progress. This is true for our customers as well as our team members. Our working environment is energetic, collaborative and supportive – everyone is encouraged to take ownership and challenged to deliver high-quality execution.
Our internal mantra is ‘never settle’ and we all share an ambition to grow this business. This is your opportunity to join a scaleup rocketing upward to become a robust financial services company.
About this role
We’re building something special here at Stake and we’re on the lookout for a seriously talented designer. Someone who can help drive home the Stake brand and product experience with positive energy, amazing ideas, slick executions and a genuine expertise on all things design. We’re looking for the hell yeah! types who get excited by awesome design projects.
As a Brand Designer, you’ll be part of the product design team at Stake sitting at the intersection of brand design and product design. We’re in an exciting time of growth and your role will develop over time, but core parts of the job will include:
- Design outstanding product moments (iOS, Android, Web), that creates a strong, positive emotional connection between customers and our brand;
- Work closely with brand and product designers to create a brand system within the product design;
- Run usability testing with customers and understand the high and low moments of your design and pivot as needed;
- Developing new sub-brands and product branding for Stake;
- Growing the Stake brand locally and internationally with a diverse set of projects;
- Ability to formulate beautiful layout solutions and visual designs from a set of wireframe layouts; and
- Skills in bringing design to life through motion and animations.
A bit about you
- You love teamwork, collaborating with web developers, writers and directors in a fast-paced environment;
- You have a solid opinion on the work based on your experience and knowledge of design
- Strong communication skills, especially when explaining design principles and design decisions to the non-designers of the team;
- A proven track record designing products that visually delight customers (represented in portfolio);
- Experience in Digital Design Principles on Web and Native Mobile platforms;
- Demonstrated breadth across IA, usability, IxD, visual design and Design Systems;
- Bonus points if you have any exposure in motion design to assist our motion editor on campaigns; and
- A passion for design and using design to motivate and bring people to action.
At Stake, we value hustle over honours degrees, so we’re more interested in you than your resume. If you believe this is a role you want to jump into head first and be part of our mission, please apply and let us know why in your cover letter!
Benefits of working at Stake
At Stake you’ll have the opportunity to work with autonomy while learning from some of the best talent in the industry, playing a meaningful role in building a company that has loads of positive momentum and excitement around it.
But we also have perks. Not long ago, we proudly introduced new benefits under the Grow with Stake program. Please see the whole list on our Careers website, including:
- $2,500/year professional development allowance
- $1,000/year wellbeing allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Childcare allowance of up to $18,000 in value over 24 months
- Extra paid leave during tough times
- Discretionary performance bonus and talent referral bonus
- Employee Share Options scheme
Stake is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We’re proactive about providing an inclusive work environment and do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. We’re also endorsed by WORK180 as a great employer for women.
So what happens next?
Once we've received your application, we'll give it the attention it deserves and you'll hear from us either way. We’re a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer –which means we’re committed to responding to every applicant. If we think you’d be a good addition to our team, we’ll give you a call and from there, you'll cruise through our recruitment process.
To all recruitment agencies: Stake does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or directly to Stake employees. Stake is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.