Who is Plenti?
Plenti is a fintech lender, providing faster, fairer loans through smart technology and outstanding customer service. Our proprietary technology delivers award-winning automotive, renewable energy and personal loans to help creditworthy borrowers bring their big ideas to life.
We are a dynamic and innovative business that is growing very strongly and by continuing to deliver better customer value and experience we are taking market share from incumbent lenders who are constrained by complex and inefficient legacy systems.
We are a dynamic and ambitious organisation that seeks to bring in smart and capable people who can take ownership of their role to help the business continue to grow and thrive. With approximately 150 people based in Australia we are a small enough organisation that everyone can make a difference but we have very big ambitions that our passionate team are working to deliver.
Plenti listed on the ASX in September 2020 and has revenue of ~$50 million.
What’s the opportunity?
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be working in a small team responsible for the core finance function. This team forms the key foundation to enable financial analysis and insights, that supports decision making across Plenti.
A key element of the role is supporting the operation of our funding platforms and daily lending activities. Plenti was a pioneer in introducing peer-to-peer lending to Australia and today we have over 23,000 large and small investors who help fund the loans we make. More recently Plenti has also introduced securitised funding structures to fund out loans, including over $500 million of warehouse facilities and, in the future, term asset back security transactions. Both our lending and funding activities involve the management of movements in large amounts of money and high volumes of transactions. This role is critical to managing these activities, making absolutely sure that we have control, accuracy and efficient processes in our lending and funding cashflows and accounting.
The role is suited to an individual that can work with large volumes of transactions and who has an eye for detail, problem solving capabilities and a continuous process improvement mindset. As an investment and lending business, moving funds in an accurate and timely manner is fundamental to our business and this role is critical to all aspects of those activities.
What will you be doing?
• Performing daily finance activities including but not limited to the management and processing of investor monies, allocation of borrower payments, uploading bank statements and BPAY files and taking appropriate actions on unreconciled transactions
• Preparation of daily pay runs from our core technology platform and uploading payments into the banking systems for processing
• Booking invoices and bills into the accounting system and completing the bank and GL reconciliations
• Preparation of valuation reports for our funding trusts including daily inflow and outflows reporting
• Preparation of reports allowing sale of loans to into our warehouse funding facilities
• Preparation and posting of manual journals into the accounting system for month end reporting
• Communication and management of claims where borrowers miss payments
• Processing debt recoveries in the peer-to-peer lending platform on a timely basis
• Manage cashflow operation of the peer-to-peer lending platform with a view of continuous improvements
• Assist the wider finance team on ad hoc tasks as required
What will make you right for the role?
This role will suit you if you want to work in a dynamic, fast paced and fun environment where you can grow and develop – we are a rapidly growing business where everyone’s role and responsibilities keep expanding every month. Key attributes for the role include:
• CA/CPA qualified or studying towards qualification
• Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
• Comfortable managing large volumes of transactions with a high attention to detail
• High degree of self-motivation and willingness to take ownership of tasks and deliver high-quality outcomes
• Continuous development mindset, with confidence to communicate issues and to implement solutions and then follow up
• Good Excel skills and ideally some experience with accounting systems such as NetSuite, Xero or similar
• Flexibility and ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within cross-functional teams
• Financial services experience in a commercial or chartered accountancy practice
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast changing environment!
What's life like at Plenti?
Working at Plenti means joining a team that is high-performing, diverse, customer-focused and collaborative. It’s a place where everyone can “make it happen” and share in the results and rewards.
If being in a dynamic industry as part of a market-leading fintech sounds like you, then come help us positively reshape Australia’s financial eco-system. Our start-up culture fosters innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership and your career progression. We have a purpose our people believe in, and genuine values that come from deep within our business.
Flexible working arrangements? Celebrating wins together (and sharing the odd loss!)? Tick, tick.
It's all part of a workplace culture that is hardworking but fun and supportive of our people and their goals as we work together to build Australia’s best lender.