We are a fast growing society of dreamers who are hardworking, passionate and slightly coffee obsessed.
We’re currently on the hunt for an experienced and passionate People and Culture Manager. This newly created role will form a part of our leadership team and mentor our growing workforce of highly motivated, determined and driven individuals. With that, the challenge is not how to get the most out of them, but how to support, coach and guide them to do what they do best.
We will always act like a small business, however large we grow. Our Leadership team are empowered to run their departments like their own businesses, and we all share the same goal. With this way of working, comes a new challenge of making sure the ways we approach work is cohesive across the business. With each department specializing in what they do, this role will be the link as to how it’s done.
You’re a clear communicator and have a knack for reading people and an understanding of how a high performing team works, with the ability to respond accordingly. Supporting your peers comes second nature to you, you are passionate about people and performance and will actively contribute to the growth of the business through its people, ensuring they are supported to perform at their best.
- Manage and lead the entire strategic talent attraction, management and hiring process.
- Champion our Employee Value Proposition within the market to attract great people and cultivate a talent pipeline that supports the business future needs.
- Encourage independent decision making, responsibility and accountability throughout the team as well as implement systems and processes for achieving growth milestones.
- Support both our individuals and teams with tactical processes and initiatives for them to get the best out of their day. Establish ways of monitoring and optimizing performance in each department.
- Implement processes and strategies to set, monitor and execute on goals. Develop and encourage positive relationships and provide credible high quality advice.
- Provide clarity around roles, responsibilities and each individuals role with a sound understanding of the overall business operations.
- Manage and advise and execute on all employment relations matters.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance Manager and the Leadership team to ensure wage costs are managed within allocated budgets and forecasted staff requirements. Conduct remuneration benchmarking and advise on strategies for incentivising performance.
- Responsible for interpreting and complying with award entitlements, employment conditions and the Fair Work Act related legislation.
- Develop, maintain and improve all employment-related policies and procedures and ensure they’re relevant implementation across the business.
- Cultivate an engaged team that encourages open and honest dialogue built from trust, respect and connection. Engagement within the workplace encourages connection and collaboration which is key to success amongst teams.
- Create an environment in which both teams and individuals are able to enjoy the everyday work that goes into achieving our goals. Enjoyable to us means being challenged, but we’re rewarded by knowing that we’re playing our part.
- Focus on building a strong community where everyone is respectful and responsible for the part in which they play and supportive and kind to one another.
- Our values are the behaviours we exhibit as we go about achieving our goals. The person in this role will set a strong example and ensure the team are living by values amongst the everyday chaos of growth.
- Manage the P&C budget for staff learning, development & engagement activities.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior People and Culture role
- You’re able to nurture and inspire the growth of a high performing team
- Having dealt with more than a few curly situations, you’re able to offer advice when it applies, and a sounding board when needed.
- The ability to manage a team below you is a given, so we’re looking for someone who can also get the best out of their peers.
- You come from a solid background of knowing why policies are the way they are, which gives you an understanding of the rules.
- We don’t entertain doing things the way they’ve always been done so you’re ready to carve out a way of doing things that’s best for us. Your can do attitude, sense of ownership and desire to see a task through to completion is the perfect combination to get stuck right in.
- We know you’re already a caring human, as you’ve chosen People & Culture as your intended career path. You have a strong set of morals and an innate sense of the ‘right’ thing.
- You’re able to cut through the stress of the everyday hustle and identify the difference between what’s right for our future, rather than what’s right for us now.
At The Sheet Society, it’s more than a workplace, it’s a community. With that in mind, we’re committed to making sure our employees are as happy in the workplace as our customers are in bed. Which is why our perks include:
- Staff Parking and great public transport links at our Warehouse & HQ in Brunswick
- ‘Jolly trolley’ - weekly snacks and drinks on a Friday
- ‘Sweet Dreams Day’ - a day of on your birthday
- Communal kitchen providing, fruit, biccies, and lots of coffee
- Access to Wellbeing initiatives
- A social calendar with fun events held throughout the year
- Generous staff discounts
- Dog friendly Fridays
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.