Firmware Test and Release Engineer
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Our talented Firmware Team is growing. We have an open position for a Test and Release Engineer. In this role you will be designing and maintaining test environments for firmware component verification and lead firmware release processes across several projects.
Inside the Job:
- Develop and guide testing strategies and plans, including test coverage
- Develop, maintain, and improve existing and new testing environment(s)
- Maintain automated test scripts (Python & C, required / CoCoTB & VHDL - desirable)
- Work with engineering, production, quality management, and customer support teams to improve test coverage
- Maintain and improve existing CI/CD Jenkins pipelines, including on premises and cloud-based testing services
- Lead firmware release process including review of test results, and collaboration with systems engineering and production
- Guide technicians and junior engineers
- Present test strategies and release processes to the team and company
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent
- Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis
- Experience in static analysis, code coverage, and unit testing frameworks
- Experience with test automation using Python
- Experience in developing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or similar
- Experience using GIT or other version control tools
- Passionate about software development and testing
- Professional, customer-focused attitude
- Experience in Constrained Random Verification techniques
- Experience developing VHDL code
- Experience developing C/C++ code on embedded platforms like ARM or PIC
- Experience using an RTOS, preferably automotive qualified
- Experience with product development in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail)
- Ability to read and analyse electronic schematics
Be part of a high-performance team.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you.
- Healthy lunch provided onsite.
- Wellness Budget.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Learning & Development budget.
- Internal progression opportunities.
- ESOP offering & remuneration package.
- Monthly social events.
- Volunteer day.
- Team lunches.
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!