ActivePipe is a fast growing SaaS software company in the property technology space that is experiencing tremendous success in the US and Australian markets. Our platform enables real estate users to deliver automated marketing communications with the right content, at the right time, to the right people.
This is an exciting time for ActivePipe. We are well past the 'start-up' phase in our company. Our platform and markets are proven. Our teams are empowered and engaged. Now it is time for us to scale up, deepen our value proposition and invest in our growth plans. A big part of this is investing in our Product and Engineering teams to help build on the technical foundations of our platform, and our ability to scale our business. This is a vital element to executing on our strategy.
Activepipe is 100 people strong, spread across Australia, the Philippines and the United States. We have a strong investor base, including AS1 Growth Partners, NAB Ventures, Firemark Ventures and Second Century Ventures.
We are looking for a talented product manager to help us grow our Product Team. This role will work in a cross functional team, generally composed of a product manager, a product designer, a business analyst and several engineers.
The product manager must collaborate closely with their product designer and engineers to discover effective solutions and then work together to deliver those solutions to market. The product manager is accountable for the business outcomes of what their team delivers.The product manager must be capable of leveraging data and insights to influence teammates, colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives. This is a high growth opportunity in a high growth company.
Senior Product manager
Purpose of the Role
- Executing and helping drive the product vision and strategy
- Deliver continuous improvement across the product with a market centric approach
- Communicate as the voice of the market to ActivePipe stakeholders
- Communicate as the voice of the product to ActivePipe marketing and sales teams, as well as to customers and prospects
- Regularly engage with customers to discover and validate problems and potential product enhancements
- Develop and leverage a deep knowledge in the following four critical areas:
- Our customers and users
- Our product
- The industry
- Our business
- Develop a strong network across multiple business functions to collect context, solicit feedback and develop alignment around product deliverables
- Work closely with the CTO and VP Engineering to develop an achievable and valuable delivery roadmap
- Analyse key product metrics to identify opportunities and gaps
- Work closely with the BA and engineering team lead to ensure requirements are well understood and engineers have all the information and context to effectively deliver their work.
- Manage backlog priorities to ensure a meaningful, customer-centric pipeline of features
- Track and understand product performance (e.g. market size, penetration, purchase behaviour etc.)
- Be an advocate for the user
- Be an evangelist for the roadmap
- Inspire and motivate the team around the product vision
Measures of Success
- Definition and delivery of the product roadmap in collaboration with the CTO, Engineering & UX teams
- Increased customer satisfaction, engagement, and retention
- Demonstrable ROI on key initiatives
Essential Competencies and Capabilities
- Growth mindset
- Resilience in a scale up environment where we often must solve problems not encountered before
- Strongly driven to achieve and take pride in excellent outcomes with focus on quality
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Curious and analytical
Knowledge and experience
- 1-3 years experience in product management preferred
- A strong understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and influence at all levels of the business.
- Detail oriented and organised with the ability to manage and simplify complex concepts & requirements
- Agile process experience with an ability to work with cross functional teams
What we can offer
- A great new office to work in (previously Uber’s Melbourne office) just a short walk from Richmond Station (once COVID restrictions have lifted)
- Flexible working arrangements with the opportunity to work remotely or in the office
- Our people are our priority. We are an international community of supportive, fun-loving, hard-working performers who are passionate about ActivePipe's mission. We provide coaching and mentoring through peer support groups and group book clubs
- Work somewhere where you are truly appreciated for your hard work and contributions
- Huge growth opportunity to get on board as we accelerate our growth and cement our position as the leaders in our space
- Great perks such as a commercial grade coffee machine at the office; weekly groceries for breakfast and lunches provided by ActivePipe; Friday team lunches; Friday drinks; social events; table tennis and foosball tables (once COVID restrictions have lifted)
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business to accelerate your career development and growth.
- Access to mental health support: Uprise EAP platform and resources.
- Paid Parental leave for primary and secondary carers.
Be resilient: challenges become opportunities, not obstacles that can’t be overcome. With a growth mindset we and you will grow and improve continuously over time.
Own it: Run your domain like it is your own. Take pride in your work and own it. Don’t wait on others to nudge you. What do you do when no one is looking should be no different than when working with the team.
Be Straight Up: If there are issues speak up, Provide Constructive Feedback, Surface Harsh Realities, Embrace debate / challenge
Strive for excellence: Push the limits on what we can achieve. Don’t settle. Stay hungry. Do what no one else is willing to do. Have that healthy fear that delivering excellent outcomes involves risk and constructive conflict.