Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
This role is to act as a Business Partner to our Global Payments Product Group. You will be influential in managing financial performance for the business, and contributing to the strategic planning process operational outcomes, and global growth objectives through providing financial insights, decision support and commercial analysis.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Produce and provide financial management reports to the Executive Leadership and Payments Product Group
- Participate in month-end processes, including identifying and reporting on areas of risk and opportunity in forecasts and results
- Provide commentary to support an understanding of overall business performance
- Support the Payments Product Group with their decision-making processes on major projects
- Support commercial negotiations through scenario analyses and financial risk assessments, providing advice on P&L, funding, and cash flow implications
- Contribute to long-term strategic planning that aligns with near-term budgets, operational plans, and global growth objectives
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives, including reporting, data gathering, value-added analysis and enhancement of existing processes
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- You are a Finance Business Partner with extensive experience supporting Payments (Acquiring and Issuing) businesses and a detailed understanding of the complexities of this space
- You have a passion for working closely with your stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the business you support and to deliver exceptional value and insights to the business
- Your head will be abuzz with things we should be doing - financial modelling, data analysis, influencing
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, including the ability to prepare clear, concise outputs from detailed financial analysis to enable informed decision-making
- You are ideally CPA/CA qualified with experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic company
- You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!.
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices