How you can help make a better world of work
As an Engineer with us, you’ll be joining one of Culture Amp’s product teams, who are helping companies (our customers) understand their people and make meaningful changes to their workplace culture. All our teams are cross-functional and have the autonomy and responsibility for bringing features from conception all the way through to owning them in production, and you’ll be involved throughout that process.
As part of this team of amazing humans,
- Write clean, scalable and testable code, mostly in the front-end space, but with opportunities to work in the back-end.
- Collaborate with other engineers, with pairing sessions, collaborative sessions, demos and code reviews.
- Maintain packages and toolings to support other cross-functional teams.
- Work with engineers across teams to understand their domains, and understand how we can support their domains.
- Coach and mentor other engineers, and participate in code reviews.
- Share knowledge with other engineers both in and out of the team by contributing to discussions, RFCs, solution previews, documentation and demos.
- Join a fun inclusive team, with regular virtual hangouts, and in person catch ups.
- Experience building web-based software applications, and you understand fundamental engineering concepts, scalability, security and maintenance.
- Desirable but not essential: Experience with Ruby and/or Rails, Next.js or similar, Storybook, React Testing Library or similar, Tailwind and build tooling like Webpack.
- An appreciation for design and advocate for its value. You enjoy collaborating with designers to create interfaces that are delightful, functional and provide a great user experience.
- An approach that involves documenting your work. You write code that is consistent, maintainable, and understood by your teammates.
- Someone who loves to collaborate, you’ll be working with other engineers, team leads, and product managers to deliver great outcomes together.
- You are a proactive and clear communicator. You value empathy and kindness, and are able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking, and are open to the perspectives others bring.
- You seek to understand and solve customer problems. You think about how your work - at all levels - impacts our customers and improves their experience.
- Self-motivated, can work independently and have a comfort in dealing with ambiguity at times. You take the initiative to ensure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and call for support when required.
- You’re aligned with our values and demonstrate them through your working practice.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!