hi, we’re hipages Group.
We create effortless solutions that help tradies streamline and grow their businesses and delight their customers. Over 3 million Australians have used the hipages platform, where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds.
How you will make an impact:
As a Senior Product Designer in the First Contact to Hire Team, you will play a critical part in hipages’ vision and strategy. You’ll collaborate with the squad’s product manager and tech lead on an exciting new product that will potentially be used by hipages customers and also Tradiecore customers (Tradiecore is another product within the hipages portfolio). As the product you’ll be working on is still in its infancy, you’ll have the opportunity to really shape and grow the product through experimentation and working closely with early adoption users.
How you will add value:
- Collaborate with product managers, tech-lead, engineering manager, engineers, data scientists and other designers to deliver experiences that create value for our customers and our business.
- Develop customer insights through interviews, user testing, contextual inquiries and data analysis.
- In conjunction with the Product Manager, lead the experience aspect of discovery, helping us better understand our customers and their motivations.
- Understand the impact and success of our deliverables to help decide when to iterate, when to pivot and when to roll back.
- Work with engineers both locally and overseas, bringing them into your design process and promoting a sense of shared ownership of the work the squad undertakes
- Facilitate workshops with internal stakeholders and customers to aid alignment and discovery.
- Minimum 5 years UX / product design / experience designing for web and mobile
- Experience with delivering products through an experiment-based iterative process would be an advantage
- User research design, planning and facilitation of both in-person and remote activities including usability testing, user interviews, surveys and focus groups
- Synthesis of insights from user research data
- User experience and interaction design for responsive websites and mobile apps
- Data analysis with business intelligence and analytics tools, i.e. Google Analytics, Looker would be an advantage
- Experience working with live product experiments and building learning strategies around them would be an advantage but not essential, we can teach this on the job.
- Proficient with Figma / Protopie and other rapid prototyping tools
- Understanding of iOS, Android and web UI patterns
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities;
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development;
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all;
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave;
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks;
- Inspiring office and location - based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station;
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model;
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration: are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!