Who is Sidekicker
Sidekicker is one of Australia’s most exciting home-grown startups.
Launched in 2013, and backed by SEEK with 5 offices across Australia and New Zealand, Sidekicker is now Australia and New Zealand’s largest online staffing platform, using technology to radically improve how businesses hire and manage casual, temporary and contract staff.
Sidekicker employs over 10,000 casual staff, or Sidekicks, seamlessly connecting them with businesses hiring staff across hospitality, events, office admin, industrial and promotions.
Find out more about Sidekicker by visiting: https://sidekicker.com
As a member of Sidekicker Engineering, you'll utilise your technical skills to build products that are revolutionising the temp industry. As a Software Engineer, you'll ship architecturally-sound code at regular intervals, review your peers' code, participate in technology decisions and product development.
About the Platform
At Sidekicker we run Product and Engineering roadmaps in parallel. This is so we can build new features to support our growing user base and at the same time modernise our technology for scale.
In the front end, we're building out a React/Typescript design system to power our customer and worker applications.
In the backend, we're migrating our existing PHP backend to Laravel and at the same time assessing new technologies as we start to break up parts of our application into microservices.
You’ll get to:
- Write code that thousands of Sidekicks and businesses rely on every day.
- Work collaboratively to arrive at architecturally-sound engineering decisions.
- Hone your craft through engineering best practices like code review and pair programming.
- Collaborate with Product and Design to help shape product specifications.
- Have a say in how we do software engineering - we’re always looking to do better.
- Be part of a tight-knit, high-achieving team that values trust and respect for one another.
What you bring:
- Robust experience in full-stack development, and a desire to expand your skillset.
- A sound understanding of web application development and MVC frameworks.
- Working knowledge of MySQL.
- A keen interest in modern technologies such as GraphQL and React.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A reasoned and pragmatic approach to software development and testing.
- A love of problem-solving, investigating problems and determining the appropriate fix.
- Open to working in an agile development environment.
- A willingness to contribute and help others on the team improve in their craft.
What you'll love about working at Sidekicker
- We do meaningful work every day - we move fast and focus on what matters
- We are empowered to make decisions - we don’t let processes and approval hierarchies get in the way; we trust our team to use their judgement
- We are obsessed with solving customer and Sidekick problems - we are always testing, learning and improving what we’ve done before
- We offer flexible work arrangements - work from your preferred workspace and make your own schedule
- We have fun - we celebrate our successes & don’t take ourselves too seriously
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
We stand out from the crowd because we invest in our entire ecosystem from staff to business customers and Sidekicks. Yeah, sure, we run an amazing platform, but we know that the secret sauce to success is making sure everyone has a voice, and everyone is represented and respected.
At Sidekicker, we are committed to an inclusive culture that values the diversity of thought, opinion and background and where all employees have equal access to opportunities. We love that our current team is made up of more than 20 different cultures and we are excited for this representation across our business to continue to grow.
If you need any modifications, please let our talent team know and they will be happy to assist.
So, what are you waiting for?
- If you are interested, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter