At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
At THE ICONIC, the Category Management Team is responsible for the sourcing and selling of international and local brands that support THE ICONIC in becoming the preferred destination of fashion and sportswear in ANZ. Reporting to the Planning Director, the Head of Commercial Trade will define the promotional and pricing (mark down) strategy for the business built on insights & data-based analyses that support driving sustainable and profitable growth for the business. International, in market, owned and reactive promotional trade promotional activity all fall under the role and provide an opportunity to attract and turn customers into fans of THE ICONIC.
What success looks like
- I set the promotional and pricing strategy for the business to ensure we achieve business objectives
- I have an excellent understanding of financial analyses and I’m proficient in building them
- I am highly analytical and run regular promotional effectiveness and competitor analysis
- I have a deep understanding of company financials, the levers that drive them and when and where to implement them
- I am a highly experienced retail and ecommerce expert: I have a proven track record in both areas and know how to leverage this to drive business performance
- I review and react to daily/weekly business performance based on demand, sales, margin & digital metrics for THE ICONIC at group, brand and category level make action recommendations to the Executive team
- I lead the cross functional trade task force team to that build and execute trade strategies for all international, in market, owned and reactive promotional events
- I am an excellent communicator to Executive level: This is a key part of my success, taking complex trade topics and translating them for audiences to easily digest is part of my day to day
- I represent Category Management within the Trade Tech squad to identify and prioritise tech enhancements to drive trade performance
Super powers - what it takes!
- I come with a Degree or MBA qualifications in relevant tertiary discipline
- I come with direct experience in building promotional and pricing strategy
- I have strong retail, commercial and e-commerce experience working closely with major fashion retailers in Australia and/or abroad in the last 5-10 years
- I have advanced financial and analytical abilities
- I have a proven ability to lead, support and coach high-performing cross functional teams
- I have legendary communication skills (written & oral) through too executive level, this is one of my strongest assets, knowing when to be neutral & humble come naturally
So, what else does THE ICONIC offer?
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous employee discounts
- Birthday leave!
- Loads of learning opportunities and support
- Discounts on Health Insurance and Pet Insurance
- Gym Membership Perks
- Multiple Sydney hubs to work from including our dog-friendly Sydney CBD Office
- Opportunities to support our community & sustainability partners