Head of Fulfilment Optimisation
At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our operations team is an amazing multi-talented group of professionals who have skills and experience across vendor management, inbound and outbound fulfilment, warehousing, reverse logistics, delivery, inventory management, production image and content creation, marketplace operations, supply chain development, fulfilment strategy and customer service.
Reporting to the Director of Operations Director Marketplace and Operational Excellence, the Head of Fulfilment Optimization is responsible for identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities across operations. This role is pivotal in evolving operational capabilities to deliver efficiencies across the business, always keeping safety, sustainability and customer experience (internal/external) front of mind.
You will be responsible for the below:
- Love to lead and deliver complex projects, analysing complex operations and tailoring future state solutions to the right level for the organisation, the operations and their customers.
- Work closely with THE ICONIC tech, Fulfilment Centre and PMO teams to deliver on improvements and on mid-large scale transformation projects.
- Lead process design/redesign activities and implementation/change management plans for operations.
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting internal process audits and compliance reviews to measure conformity to internal and external requirements and ensure required corrective action or business improvement opportunities are followed up.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and reviewing key standard operating procedures in operations to ensure compliance, consistency, efficiency and safety.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the corrective action system, to ensure problems are recorded and preventative and corrective actions are identified and implemented effectively and timely with outstanding issues monitored.
- Understand how to break down how complex operating models work - the capabilities, assets, people, processes, products, policies, front end tech, back end tech, and data.
- Prepare regular reports for various stakeholders, as and when required with an emphasis on customer focussed metrics, costs, team performance and continuous improvement action plans and process audits.
- Know how to analyse, document, describe, evaluate, (re)design, and run an operating model.
- Have a strong improvement mindset - love process reengineering, simplification and finding a better way.
- Take a progressive and pragmatic approach to delivering solutions with a bias for leveraging best practices as opposed to customisation.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to develop best practices and ensure organisational alignment and learning.
- Build strong, trust-based relationships with my stakeholders to support their goals.
- Passionate about the role and stay up to date with the latest improvements in Supply Chain, Warehouse and Manufacturing methodologies.
- Be a leader and a collaborator who can steer outcomes to reach the most beneficial business result.
- Manage and drive engagement by being humble, demonstrating ICONIC values, and enabling my team to leverage their strengths, and develop their skills and competencies.
- A strong mentor to my team and internal stakeholders alike, providing guidance and support on best practice.
- Have a sustainability mindset and strive to implement improvements in practices e.g. waste elimination.
- 7-10 years experience leading successful cultural transformation and continuous improvement teams, working with manufacturing, automation, fulfilment and/or 3PL.
- Have a University degree (logistics, mechatronics, engineering, finance or a related field) is preferred.
- Proven record of improving & integrating new functionalities into existing /customised complex technical systems including working with ERP/WMS systems.
- Experience working through large-scale transformation projects and working with CAD (Computer-aided Design).
- Proven experience delivering transformational system change in a live environment.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the use of various rollout and deployment strategies to achieve successful change whilst minimising business risk.
- Have a highly analytical mind with a structured, logical manner of thinking, using metrics to inform decisions.
- Proven experience using project management frameworks including Programme / Portfolio Management, Project Management, Project Management Tools & Methodologies, Project Risk Management, Communication, Change Management, Stakeholder and importantly Relationship management.
- Demonstrated capability (prefer accreditation) in process improvement methodologies such as TQ, Lean, Total Productive Maintenance, Operational Excellence, Theory of Constraints, and/or Six Sigma.
- Experience working in an agile environment (desirable).
- Strong written, verbal and visual skills - listening, and influencing and driving change through communication is key.
- Have astute influence and communications skills with all stakeholders; executive, business and external.
- Have a proven ability to lead, coach and motivate teams to bring out the best in performance and quality.
- Deeply passionate about customer and employee experience and keep this front of mind with everything I do.
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]