From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an Associate Manager to join our Risk and Analytics team, with a focus on Merchant Risk in Australia and New Zealand. The number of merchants offering Afterpay continues to grow and you will be responsible for contributing to policy definition and account monitoring merchant credit and fraud risk over the merchant life cycle. Working in a challenging, vibrant and fast-paced environment, you will need to demonstrate drive, resilience, and versatility. A respectful attitude and the ability to build good relationships is vital. The role will be based in our Sydney office.
Your responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Define, execute and maintain policy and process for all Merchant Risk Functions
- Detect and investigate risky merchant behaviour using our internal and external risk tools
- Work with our Data and Analytics team members to identify new threats and update existing processes to prevent loss
- Work with the Product Team, Sales, Merchant Services, Account Management and Customer Service teams to resolve merchant risk issues and provide guidance on overall risk tolerance and policy
- When necessary, perform basic or in-depth underwriting of new merchant accounts and existing accounts on a periodic basis. Ability to read and interpret company financial documents is a must
- Assist Legal and Compliance teams in the management and execution of AML, KYC and STR/SAR activities
- Experience in credit risk management, underwriting, fraud investigation, chargeback analysis, and/or compliance risk, ideally within a payments or ecommerce business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with stakeholder management
- Self-motivated, well-presented, disciplined and methodical
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Exceptional time management skills
- Comfortable working and making impactful decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Detective sense. You have a natural intuition when something isn’t right and are quickly able to identify the issue
- Able to problem solve and innovatively work your way around roadblocks
- Maintains enthusiasm and calm demeanour in high pressure situations