This role is a rare opportunity to join the foundational team and help accelerate the growth of a VC-backed CleanTech startup with the potential to grow into a lead commercial / business development role.
trace is looking for a passionate and motivated business / sales development representative with a growth mindset who can help us grow our client base and enhance our service offering to deliver increasing value to our clients.
- First BD / sales hire for a fast growing, VC-backed startup
- Package includes salary + stock options
- A great opportunity to grow into lead commercial role
- Work from home or the coffee shop - Whatever works for you!
We are on a mission to reduce the barriers to climate action! Companies are increasingly looking for ways to show their commitment to combating climate change and attract environmentally conscious customers and talent, but existing solutions are often perceived as ‘just too hard’.
trace for Business is the first of its kind solution that empowers companies of all sizes to become carbon neutral in a matter of days. We are redefining the pathway to net zero and making it accessible to everyone.
With trace’s proprietary carbon calculator, we can measure the footprint of a business’ operations and supply chain without the cost of hiring consultants and offset through our portfolio of independently verified climate projects.
We're all about transparency so our customers can trace their individual and collective impact over time and know exactly where their money is going.
Our vision is a World where everyone, individuals & organisations, leave a positive trace. A World where we all do what we can to reduce our emissions and offset the rest.
We are looking for a business / sales development rep to help more companies become carbon neutral with trace.
- You will be selling to the founders, business owners and C-level executives of environmentally conscious businesses with 5 - 200 employees
- You will utilise warm leads from lead gen activities as well as reach out to potential customers to secure new business
- Develop and manage partnerships with purpose aligned businesses to grow our brand awareness and bring in new B2B leads
- Own the end to end sales process including prospecting, outreach, follow up, education and closeHelp design and execute the client renewal process to secure recurring revenues Identify opportunities for enhancing and automating the sales process
- Develop educational content for clients on how to achieve their sustainability goals
- Work with founders to shape and iterate the sales, onboarding and client experience based on feedback
- 2+ years experience in B2B business development / sales Track record managing partnerships and/or sales prospects
- Experience working in a sustainability team or environmental consultancy preferred
- Comfortable working autonomously to meet sales targetsFlexible, resilient and creative - this is an agile startup environment with lots of ambiguity!
- Excellent communicator who can successfully help clients understand the benefit of trace for their customers, employees and organisation
- Organised and proactive at designing processes to increase sales efficiency
What you’ll get from us
- Salary plus stock options
- Flexible work arrangements
- Daily standups and regular interactions with the founders
- Excellent culture - the founders have been friends for over 5 years and are passionate about building a company that staff love working for
- Be a part of strategic growth planning
- Exposure to strategic decision making including capital raising, recruitment, product design and marketing
- Skills and experience
How to apply
Please email [email protected] including
- Your CV
- Your LinkedIn profile
- Why you think you’re well suited for this role
- Your current work status and availability